25

Two Years Ago

May 12th, 6046

Exhaling in audible relief when he enters from the warmer day outside had grown too, William Keepner wipes a hand down his face entering his dorm room, his eyes harden seeing his roommate strategically packing his items away in a small suitcase, "That's all you're taking?"

Liam flinches at the sudden voice in the room, he's found himself lost in his thoughts - something Liam often did, a tactic he relied heavily on to get him through the years of the submissive academy.

"It's all I have," Liam replies gently closing the suitcase top, he claps it together with a smile, "Done." folded and tucked were his four pairs of khakis, two sets of pajamas, and the three polos he wore on non-uniform days. 

"I thought your dom was like super rich," William retorts glancing at his pile of clothes he intended on refolding before struggling to cram them all inside his four duffle bags, "I-I believe he's well off," Liam affirms clearing his own throat, he gestures to the suit he had hanging off the chest, "I-I get to wear this tomorrow," he steps toward the suit with a smile flattening his hand against the blazer, he feels his cheeks burn as a pink hue paints itself across them when he thinks of his master seeing him tomorrow in a suit.

He wanted to please him.

Liam had just seen Harry the Tuesday before for the boy's haircut, it was just a trim this time, the master allowing Liam to keep some length, in the four days, it stayed through the washes in its quiff, Liam making sure to fluff it when dry to ensure it's pristine for his master. It was a privilege to have the hairstyle he did, Harry made sure to remind him of that when he returned to school that day.

Glancing over his shoulder at William, Liam offers him a sheepish smile, "A-are you excited?" The two never truly hit it off, William was really just a warm body that slept in a bed ten feet away from Liam. The submissive didn't feel as if he could befriend him, he was terrified the boy would be ripped away and he'd be alone again. 

Selfishly, Liam kept himself at a distance from William, only entertaining his invitation to converse when he'd done all he could to avoid it. 

"Not much to look forward to, 'ya know," William starts grabbing one of the duffles from under his bed, he throws on the comforter beginning to fold his shirts. Liam fidgets on his feet, he chews the insides of his cheeks as he propels himself forward walking toward the other submissive in the room.

Taking one of William's shirts in his hands Liam silently begins to help him fold, "You're one of the lucky ones, 'ya know," The older of the two drops the shirt in the bag unceremoniously, his eyes rolling as he shakes his head, "You-you should be excited," he mutters in addition, he didn't want the younger one to feel bad, unknowingly that Liam felt guilt for a multitude of things he had no control over. 

Unable to assess the pain in William's remark, Liam glances at him setting the shirt down gently, "How so?" Liam innocently questions, "You're already signed, the hard part is over for you."

Meeting the puppy brown eyes the younger submissive wore so delicately, William's thunder gray stare dims, he leans closer to him, the radiating smell of musk and cigarette smoke filling Liam's nostrils tears pricking his eyes from the overpowering, intoxicating scent, "the rest of us have to wait for a rich prick to want us," 

A rich prick was all Harry was resigned to at that moment, even scarier Liam felt that he also was degraded down to being some "rich prick submissive". As if the thought had never occurred to him that that's all he would be from the moment he graduated and forward, Liam let the tears that filled his eyes spill.