24

Hearing the sound of birds, Liam groaned rubbing his eyes as he sat up in bed glancing expectantly at his alarm.

He almost curses seeing the time being much later than ever allowed to sleep in. It was nearly seven in the morning.

Fumbling to get out of bed he's panting as he throws open his door hurrying down the hall toward his owner's room, "Ma-masters!" he calls apologies ready on the tip of his tongue, he knocks hurriedly on the door with tears building in his eyes as he knows he's in deep shit if he slept through his alarm.

Liam remembered the first and only time he'd ever hit snooze, he couldn't sit for three days after Zayn's beating.

Panicking when silence was returned he twisted the door knob poking his head in seeing the room empty. The bed was made, lights were off. The room looks untouched as if neither owner slept in it the night before.

Descending the stairs Liam ran a hand through his hair knowing if everyone was sitting at breakfast he'd be walking into the lion's den wearing his pajamas, Harry Malik had a strict policy against wearing sweats at the table.

Attempting to stabilize his breathing, he feels pale seeing the barren dining room. Only a placemat with a single plate on it, a glass of water next to it with Liam's daily vitamins in front of it.

The boy felt his throat go dry, the glass of water seemed out of reach, miles from where he stood in the entryway watching as the room began to spin. Had his worst fear come true and Harry finally abandoned him?

The submissive used to have nightmares of this happening, he knew from experience when Andy disappeared from his life at the Submissive academy. Liam had told him goodnight only to wake up the next morning to his room looking as if it only ever housed him. When he asked his teachers and counselors about the boy Liam was treated with indifference, one of the teachers asked if the submissive needed to call Harry because he must've been so lonely to have made up such a thing.

"Liam Styles to the office," Callum called hanging the phone up on his desk, he smiled at the boy sending him off with a wink. Every staff member at the school knew of Liam's routine, he was signed out every other Tuesday to spend with his dominant. He'd always come back with trimmed hair and it'd take a week to break the boy from his shell.

One of the counselors raised her concern for the boy, she was let go almost immediately.

Making his way to the office Liam passes by his dorm room grabs his jacket, he sees a picture of Andy he hid in his belongings stuffing it in his pocket, he chews his bottom lip doing a onceover of his room before pulling the door closed behind him.

Seeing his owner standing with his arms crossed in front of the office, Liam smiles in greeting, "H-Hi master," Harry glances at him taking Liam's hand in his own, "Hello my sweet boy," he coos in return pulling Liam behind him to his car.

Ensuring Liam was buckled he pulled from the space onto the road toward the salon where he had a standing reservation, "I think we need to go a little shorter this time, your hair grows so fast," Liam nodded knowing his opinion didn't truly matter to the man, he asked him the first time if he could keep it long, Harry belted him in the salon before having the stylist buzz his hair for even asking.

"How's school?" Harry asks flipping his turn signal on, Liam inhales patting his pocket where the photo was, "G-good sir, um," Liam pauses as Harry pulls into the parking lot gesturing for him to get out once he's parked.

Grabbing his submissive's hand once more Harry tightens the grip pulling him closer, "What's the 'um'," he muses planting his lips on Liam's forehead, the submissive replies with a sheepish smile and shake of the head, "No-nothing, s-sorry master."