22

Rolling onto his side, Louis stares at the walls from between his view of the bars on his crib. He liked the time he had all to himself in the mornings. This time reminded him of the early morning walks at the agency, only good skips got to tag along, so the rare occasion Louis was allowed to attend - he'd bask in the moment letting the cool wind whip across his cheeks, feel the warmth of the sunrise as his chest burns knowing the anxiousness of the day had yet to even start.

At that moment things were still.

At that moment Louis wasn't a skip, society didn't exist, he still lived at home, or maybe he lived in Paris - he had another life. Anything was possible at that moment.

He reflects on those times now more than ever, the nights he stayed up begging the universe for help, to be signed, to not be given up on. Louis even tried to bargain with the universe at times, he'd offer to submit to someone if they just rescued him from the agency.

"Like Prince Charming? You kiss any frogs there princess?" the sarcastic rhetoric is exclaimed by none other than Luke, the dominant laughing at the boy who had admitted in his evaluation that he wanted to be saved essentially from spending another year at the agency. Louis felt tears well in his eyes at the teasing, he wanted Ashton in there to defend him, but instead, he shook his head chewing the insides of his cheeks, "N-no-" 

"No what?" Bethany was another member of staff sitting in the room during Louis' monthly evaluation, "No sir," Louis whispers keeping his eyes focused solely on his lap. He knew this was considered out of character for him, he always had something to say or yell back in reply, but he also knew he had managed to be good for the entire week thus far and was willing to do anything for a sunrise stroll.

Rolling on his other side to shift away from his flashback, Louis rolled his eyes feeling the familiar sting of tears pricking his eyes. Louis didn't want to fight today, he just wanted to be held.

Curling further into himself he sniffles tracing the skip mark on his arm, it was rare that the boy felt truly out of place, even with everything that had happened recently with being signed and thrust into the life of placing uneducated skip - AKA toddler for Harry Malik - Louis still managed to ground himself.

This morning however he found himself wanting to fly, to make a home for himself in the clouds. The sun peaked further into the room illuminating the rocking chair in the corner by the window, Louis glanced at it with a sigh. He couldn't wait for Harry to come in so the two could rock.

He just wanted to be held.

Niall's pulled the majority of an all-nighter, he's asleep on the textbook in the rec room when someone takes it from underneath his arms causing him to fall headfirst onto the desk.

Cursing, he blinks rubbing his eyes with a huff, "Th-the fuck w-was that for?" he gripes, "Yesterday," the voice growls, Zailey sits behind the boy on a chair with her arms crossed, a glare prominent on her features, "What the fuck was that about?"

Niall sighs continuing to rub his eyes with a yawn, he glances toward the window seeing it barely reaching dawn, the sun peaking over the trees, "I-I don't know what you're talk-"

"Am I a submissive?" 

Niall felt his insides freeze at the question, he pondered it all night, from the pills to her actions, to the society tests - what were the odds someone had tested incorrectly?

"Are you?" he asks meeting her eyes, the girl sniffles shaking her head, "I-I guess, a-according to them,"

Niall nods seeing the textbook Zailey had in her hands, "I-I was reading that one last night, it-it's new, says something about law six, w-what is that?"