18

"He took them," Niall mutters sitting in front of the TV that night, he knew Zayn would attend regardless if Niall had been home or not, but he's surprised to see Liam had gone as well.

While Niall and Liam never truly became friends, Niall having it out for the brunette submissive, it was during one of Zayn's drunken afternoon quickies before he'd signed for him that he admitted Liam's traumatic entry into the family. 

If Niall were slightly more selfless he would've indulged more in the rare vulnerable moment, however, at that time he never thought he'd actually meet Liam. Pre-signed Niall still had hope Zayn would file for divorce and marry him instead.

"So?" Zailey retorts picking at her nails with an eye roll, she'd much rather be making out with Niall instead of watching him puppy-fawn over his pathetically hot master, "So," Niall starts turning toward her matching the bored exhaustion, "It's a big deal they took Liam with them, apparently he isn't good with these types of 'tings,"

Zailey furrows her eyebrows scooting down from the chair sitting next to Niall on the rug, she brings her knees to her chest meeting his oceanic eyes, "Tell me something," 

"'yea?" Niall returns eyes flickering between her and the news on the TV still showing the Styles-Malik's leaving the ceremony that night, "Why do you say you hate Liam so much if you obviously care about him? He clearly doesn't have a thing for your guy," 

In the pair's short time together, Niall had divulged the family history from his point of view, excluding the new addition, he was learning about that along with everyone else from the news at this point.

He shakes his head beginning to rise from the floor, he adjusts his clothing with a huff, "I-I'm not sure, 'j-jus didn't click?" It was a weak way out of the question, but one Niall felt comfortable giving.

Offering Zailey a forced smile, adding to his lame excuse of not liking the submissive he'd spoken about, Niall starts out of the room leaving Zailey to finish the headlines by herself.

The girl rolls her eyes once more at the boy turning her head to the TV, furrowing her eyebrows seeing Niall's picture appear on screen, "Niall Horan tonight is trending as fans are starting to wonder where the famous skip has been, the sudden uprise in family outings from the Styles-Malik's have been lacking one member. An insider from the family has stated that Niall is vacationing with his family and taking some much-needed time off from society."

Zailey glances back when the screen goes black, Niall's figure in the doorway with tears cascading down his cheeks at the announcement, "Fa-family?" he whispers in return, sniffling his icy orbs darken meeting Zailey's concerned stare, "I-I have to find a way to t-the internet, Harry Styles doesn't get to win this one, I will not submit."

Grabbing a blanket from the bed, Harry snuggles in the rocking chair that night with Louis tucked on his lap half asleep, "Who's ready for headlines?" he coos glancing at Zayn who sits on the bed with his back against the headboard, Liam between his legs dazed from his plummet into subspace.

There comes a point where you can't be stopped from dissociating, Liam's drifted so far deep into his subconscious that he didn't realize when the ceremony had stalled due to his own shrieks and pleas to be helped.

He didn't feel himself being cuddled by Anne, he was unable to hear himself be shushed by Harry, Liam had grown so distraught he couldn't even ground himself for Zayn's beating in the bathroom before the car ride home. 

"Lee?" Harry hums leaning over brushing hair from his boy's forehead, "My brave boy," he adds moving his hand toward Zayn's, the two interlocking with a content sigh falling in unison into the room.

"In Today's news, we're listening to current Official Riley Lockwood give us an update on the Submissive to Dominate ratio, stay tuned" 

With one hand resting on his thigh intertwined with Harry's, Zayn keeps his other hand on the remote. Like clockwork the segment continues without interruption of news the Masters had heard before, when the anchor returns on screen she smiles flashing her pearly whites to the camera, "This has been Today's headlines-" muting the TV per usual, Zayn peers down at the submissive fast asleep between his legs, he had thought he'd have to convince Harry to let him give Liam something to soothe him, turns out his own trip to subspace corrected his outburst itself.

Still, in the entertainment room of the hospital, Niall's sitting with his face dried from the constant stream of tears with his knees to his chest, he sniffles leaning toward Zailey resting his head on her shoulder. 

Normally it would be lights off by this time, Niall insisting that he could get each of the nurses an autograph from Zayn if they let him and Zailey stay in the room just a bit longer. Until the end of the headlines.

 "I-I hate him," he whispers, Zailey wordlessly soothes him with a kiss to his forehead brushing fingers through his hair, the pair fall silent seeing the anchor appear on screen again, "This has been Today's headlines, June 16th, the 6048" Niall flinches at the date, "Wh-why did-did it just say that?"

"The date?"

"It-it, it never says the date-"

"It always ends with the date," Zailey corrects him meeting his confused look, "Niall I don't think you're watching the headlines at home, y-you don't recognize the anchor, or-or the literal trending stories-"

Niall's jaw drops at the realization, his blood runs cold as the hairs on his arms stand, he rises from the chair shakily extending his hand toward the screen as if he could reach to the other side.

"I-I don't think I'm watching current headlines at home," he whispers more to himself, Zailey overhearing as she scoffs, "Wh-what would be the purpose of that-"

Niall glances at her over his shoulder, "To-to keep us uninformed, to m-make us s-submit," he mutters, "Be-because if-if I'm not watching current headlines, n-neither is Liam," 

......................................................

- Vote -

- Comment -

- Follow -

- Emma :) -