17

Harry clears his throat guiding his husband and submissive to the second row from the stage, "Mom," he calls gently in greeting, the woman turns gasping ecstatically at the small one in Harry's arms, "This must be Louis," she coos moving to pull Liam into a hug, "How's my Liam?"

"He's well," Zayn responds forcing him to take a seat, he kisses Anne's cheek in greeting before sitting next to Liam wrapping his arm around him, "I'd wipe the look off your face if I were you," he threatens lowly, Liam shakily meeting the hazel orbs with a slow nod of understanding. Even in duress, Zayn Malik expected his submissive to remain stone-faced in public.

The master clears his throat at Liam's oozing nerves, "Everyone can tell you're a submissive-"

"I-it is not my intention to hide it," Liam admits softly, he rubs his palms on his pants wanting to rid the slickness of the sweat in case he had to hold onto something to stop himself from falling into subspace.

Zayn chuckles at Liam's fast response, "Perhaps it should be," he pauses leaning closer to the boy, his lips grazing Liam's ear, Louis sucking mindlessly on a pacifier in his line of vision brings a smirk to his lips, "Be like your new brother, let ignorance be your bliss. Submissives don't normally attend these," At the man's teasing, Liam felt the pain in his stomach twist, worsening as he felt a cactus blooming in his throat - the familiar prick of tears springing from his eyes.

He aches turning ever so slightly toward the man, "Ma-master I-I believed my-my presence wa-was mandatory," Zayn hums at the passive retort, he pats Liam on the back offering him no sympathy, "It was,"

Morbid curiosity, but curiosity nonetheless plagued Louis who sat with his back to his master's chest with an intense stare on the stage. He begged for months to go to Ashton's ceremony only at the last minute to be denied due to his "behavior" being unsatisfactory - in Beth's short words to him, she conveyed the message that the absolute last place Louis needed to be was in front of an Official. 

Flinching when Harry shifted under him, Louis glanced back at him, "W-what happ-"

Harry shushes him before the question can even be finished, a man appears on the stage standing behind the podium with his hands behind his back a smirk coiling on his sharp cheeks, eyes narrowed at the room before him, "Good evening,"

Liam would admit to having two out-of-body experiences in his life, the first being the first time he fell into subspace, and the second being his own ceremony. He truly felt this would be his third.

His body stills from his shaking, the relief it brings to his muscles as he slacks, leaning more into Zayn, his head rolling back to meet the man's arm that's draped over his shoulder. Liam can feel himself diving into subspace, he's practically submerging himself wanting to distance himself from the trauma he's pushed so deeply in the back of his subconscious.

At the sudden smack to the back of his head, Liam's jolted from his attempt at escaping into subspace. Zayn's throat clears next to him, "That was a good try, but trust me you're going to want to see this," Knowing the man would do whatever it took to prevent Liam's departure from reality - he began to panic, his eyes darted around the room, vision darkening as the haunting music from the rusty organ in the corner begun playing the society song.

Louis inches forward on the man's lap, tingling with anticipation, his eyes widening as the Official on stage clears his throat before leaning with his lips centimeters from the microphone, "It is a fine day, is it not? When a submissive is to be signed! Ladies and Gentlemen these are the days we long for! This is what our society is built for!" His words leap around the room powerfully, Louis felt himself shrink at the man's tone alone.