14

Louis turns the toy he'd been given over in his hand mindlessly watching the people bustle past him in the store that seemed to get busier by the minute. 

The plush cube resembled a soft block you'd hand a toddler knowing if they smashed it into their head, they'd be okay. Harry knelt down extending the block toward the boy with a knowing smile, "If I find another I'll let you have both," it was a sign of truce, a small truce, after Louis' first public spanking and paparazzi flare all in one. 

The skip was overstimulated, if his eyes alone didn't tell how far away he was from the ground, the mutterings of him flying did, as Harry picked the stroller he wanted, he had the men unbox it in store for his baby to sit in. 

Scooping the pale blue plush block from the shelf, he offers it to the boy seeing Louis reach with a curious stare. His fingers roamed the different textured sides of softness, the embroidered bear on one side causing him to draw his finger away with a gasp, he hadn't expected the rough jolt from something so soft.

Harry rubbed the skip's thigh shushing him, "You're okay baby," Realizing his skip lingered somewhere between the depths of subspace and pure disassociation to escape from the reality of the moment, Harry brushed the hair from his forehead, "If I find another I'll let you have both,"

Watching the clouds pass by the skylights on the ceiling in the store, Louis' lips part in awe, he wishes he were home in his backyard with his mom and best friend. He wanted to sit in the backyard after a long day of playing cops and robbers with Oli. 

He'd lay in the grass letting his eyes slip close basking in the heat of the sun without a care in the world.

Louis remembers the first time he asked Ashton to do that at the Agency, the older one held him close and let the boy cry as he realized it wasn't even an option, they didn't have grass to lay in, a sun to stare at from their view in the agency.

The block he had been spinning in his hands falls onto his lap, bouncing underneath the tray to the floor below. He sees it lying teasingly on the floor, his lips dip in frown as his hands move to wring his shirt, he needs to do something with his hands to further level himself.

Sighing when his hands curl around the buckle secured on his waist, he returns his stare to the skylight smiling as his eyes slip close. 

While the store didn't have the warmth a sunny afternoon would, Louis still imagined the heat radiating off his skin - he never wore sunblock even after he'd insisted to his mother that he put some on - the sunburn providing him heat even after he went inside for the day.

Letting the steady lull of background music drift him further into the realm of his makeshift happy place, Louis sighs once more letting his body drop the awareness of his reality, sinking fully into his delusion that he was in fact in his old backyard, laying in the grass next to Oli, staring at the sun.

The pair were at the bottom of the hill from his house, it was Louis' peak spot for sunbathing as he called it. He'd stripped himself of his shirt for maximum sun power, purring like a cat would as he stretched, "You know you're not a solar panel," Oli muses, Louis rolls his eyes, "Even plants need sunlight, like when they photoshop or something,"

"At least be smart enough to make your argument," Oli retorts with a laugh, "It's photosynthesis," Louis shrugs, "I was close enough." he turns facing the boy smiling at him with his features brightened by the sun, "A-are you scared?"

"No," Oli mumbles grabbing Louis' hand in his own with a sigh, "I know exactly what type of dominant I want to be," The younger one nods scooting closer to his friend, he places his head on Oli's shoulder, "What kind is that?"

"The kind you would've been," he pauses kissing Louis' forehead, he had told the boy an hour ago he'd be leaving for Dominant school in the morning, the skip barely even acknowledging it - Oli knowing this now was Louis' way of processing it, "The kind you are," he adds, Louis sniffling as he closes his eyes facing the sun, "I-I'm 'gonna be a terrible skip," he muses, "So-so bad they'll let me test up,"

Oli lets the tears fall from his eyes as he bites back a laugh, "I-I'll save 'y-ya a seat at t-the master's table,"

Louis is jolted from his memory when he's sat in a chair, he groans, "W-why?" he whispers flinching when the sound of plastic snapping together fills his ears, he opens his eyes glaring at the cream tray that had just been locked into place.

"I'm sorry Daddy woke you, I just wanted to see you in this," Harry mumbles shushing the skip's increasing protests to be let out, "It matches our dining room," he coos stepping away, Louis knelt over the tray with sobs racking his body as he begged to be let out.

The skip needed to be held. He had finally crashed from the high of the day, and it sent him spiraling.

Zayn's quick to step in taking Louis' hands in his own, "There is no need to be throwing a fit-"

"H-he-help me!" Louis shrieks pushing at the tray with a wail to be cuddled, Harry unlocks the tray and takes Louis in his arms, grabbing the block from earlier, Harry takes a seat in a rocking chair with the boy on his lap cradling him close to his chest, "Just rock with Dada," Harry soothes, "You're okay my sweet boy,"

Louis' cries soften immensely at the familiar notion of being rocked, he tucks his head instinctively under his master's neck burying himself into the man with another cry breaking through his lips.

Patting the boy's backside soothingly, Harry tightens the hold he had on the boy, "You're my good boy, my good skip," 

Zayn softens seeing his husband with the boy, he kneels by his side rubbing Louis' back consoling him, "Our good skip," he corrects meeting Harry's emerald orbs with permission, "T-that's right," the daddy whispers ignoring the sting of tears at his husband's sudden affection, 

"O-our good skip,"

.......................................................

>vote<

>follow<

>comment<

>(: emma taylor :)<