3

"Juice or Coffee?"

"Juice," Harry mumbles brushing hair from his face, "Thank you, Lee," Zayn clears his throat entering the dining room, "Liam take a seat," he commands turning to see Niall trialing him, "Nice to have you join us," he muses gesturing for the open spot next to Liam.

The skip rolls his eyes plopping down next to the submissive with a huff, "Master Harry and I have some news," Zayn announces clapping his hands to gain full attention, Niall freezes his oceanic eyes snapping from the table to the man with excitement burning in his stomach, "Master Harry and I feel that we're missing something-"

Unable to contain his excitement for what he suspects is the impending announcement of divorce, Niall gasps shooting from his chair, "I-I want to stay w-with Master Zayn!"

Harry clears his throat pointing to the chair Niall leaped from, "Reclaim your seat, Niall," he orders, Liam coughs to hide his laugh, Harry hardening his own look toward him, "Lee," he warns, motioning for Zayn to continue talking once Niall has returned to his seat with a weary glare to the man, "Master Harry and I have decided to adopt,"

Both the submissive and skip gasped in unison, the statement was shocking, something the two could agree on for the first time in forever.

Liam manages out a question first, "W-when?" he stutters, Niall deadlocked into a stare with Zayn, pleading for this to be some sort of sick joke.

"Today," Harry replies setting the glass of juice Liam had fetched him onto the table, "Here," while the Malik household had a generous supply of any beverage, the submissive and skip were strictly to drink milk or water for breakfast unless stated otherwise.

For the past two years Liam had been loyal to this rule switching between milk and water so he didn't tire of one, even on vacation he didn't ask to stray from the rules. He would hate for his master to have to punish him during a trip when they should be enjoying themselves.

Liam's look darts between the glass of orange juice and Harry's expectant look, "Drink up," the master encourages, the skip rolls his eyes grabs the glass, and downs it in one swift swig, "This is bullshit, and your juice means nothing," he snarls slamming the glass on the table once it was empty, "That was meant for Liam," Harry retorts standing from his chair, "The only thing that's bullshit is your attitude, where do you get off?"

Niall bites back a laugh stepping back from the table, "On your husband,"

Tightening his jacket, Harry sits next to Liam on the front porch steps, "How's your juice?" the said juice had been poured into a glass forty minutes ago, Harry sending the submissive outside while he and Zayn dealt with Niall.

The submissive clutched the glass in his hands, the beverage untouched, "I-I don't really-"

"I know you like juice," Harry mumbles, "Your favorite is orange, next would be apple or white grape, you don't like cranberry juice," he adds, "I know lots of things about you Lee," the submissive hangs his head letting tears pool in his eyes, he felt horrible that his master had to endure the way Niall spoke to him, "I-I'm sorry-"

"I didn't come out here for your apology," Harry interrupts, "Drink your juice it's almost time to go," bringing the cup to Liam's lips, the master hums seeing the submissive begin to drink like told until the glass is empty.

Harry grabs Liam's hand squeezing it reassuringly, "Niall's in love with Master Zayn, isn't he?"

"Y-yes Master,"

"You knew,"

"Yessir," Liam whispers, his tongue feels like it grew two sizes too big, the once sweetness of the orange juice has now been tainted by the bitter sting of a setup, "Master Zayn is going to take you away for a few days," Harry announces, Liam's head drops to his chest as whimpers build in his throat, "Niall's going to be sent to remission," The submissive's head shoots up at the haunting phrase, he shakes his head letting the first sob go, "Ma-master-"

"Be my good boy for Master Zayn," Harry has tears pricking his own eyes, he brings his hand up to Liam's face bringing him close to his resting their foreheads together, "Please be good for him Lee," pecking the boys nose, Harry ruffles his hair taking the glass in his hands, "You'll see me in a few days,"

"Master-" Liam croaks, "Liam," Harry warns clearing his throat to rid any evidence of tears, "Don't fight this," he commands seeing Zayn coming out the front door with Niall in tow, the skip not daring to meet anyone's eyes as he stares at the ground longing for it to open and swallow him whole.

Backing from the driveway, Harry sees Liam sitting pitifully in the passenger seat of Zayn's truck with his knees to his chest, he lifts his hand waving goodbye to his submissive, the boy wearily returning it with a frown etched onto his features.

Shifting to drive Harry lets his GPS lead him to the agency. He'd driven by the building dozens of times before, he didn't even have to ask what agency Niall was from when Zayn brought him home six months ago.

Harry feels the pit of his stomach burning thinking about how different his life was six months ago. It saddens him to think he was better six months ago. Happier.

Niall hadn't brought joy into his life, he knew he didn't increase the happiness in Liam's. When the skip mentioned that he wanted to test up Zayn's the one that made the boys share a room, he told Harry that this would be a good thing.

The master could only watch Liam's light dim slowly over time from having to room with someone as cruel as Niall. Harry hoped Niall's time in remission would remind him of a skip's duties, and Liam's week away with Zayn would guide the boy back over the line of loving both his masters, not just the one who signed him.

....

- Vote -

- Comment -

- Follow -

- Emma :) -