16 | Next steps

Daegon

Sweat beaded on Deagon's forehead as he finished training with his pack, bare chest glistening in the light and muscles flexing. The sun was rising high into the sky and the patrol party were getting ready to head out on their rounds. An uneasy feeling sat in his chest all morning, tugging in a strange way after a short and painful sensation had shot through him. Trixa had been concerned, as well as many of the pack members as they all had felt it, and for a moment Daegon thought that it had been his Aura power responding to something beyond his own senses.

Wiping his face Daegon tugged on his shirt, ignoring the stares of the other She-wolves that were practicing around him, many were still unmated and were hoping Daegon would find pleasure in their company, as he had done a few times in the past, but lately he had no appetite for intimate moments from any woman. Trixa sat on the balcony railing overlooking the makeshift training yard, a smug look on her face. Daegon ignored her to, she had been insisting on the possibility his mate was nearby all morning.

Accepting a bottle of water from Beta Treyton, the Lycan King clocked the whereabouts of all his pack, making sure each member was doing his or her job in keeping their base safe and secure. He watched as the Patrol team leader, a delta named Blayde promoted to beta under Treyton, gave out instructions. In order to get Trixa off his back Daegon had instructed the patrols to do a pass by of the cities boarder, and to look for anything out of place.

It had been unusually quiet the past few weeks, and even Daegon was worried about the absence of the beasts.

As he was observing his pack around him a painful tug started building in his head, as if something sharp was pressing against his temple. Scrunching his eyes briefly Daegon downed the rest of his water, trying to force the pain away. After a moment it ebbed, only to come back full force, causing him to stumble and fall to one knee. A grunt left his lips as his Aura powers surged, a strange and unusual feeling and emotion washing through him.
A small yelp cause him to look up to where Trixa had been sitting, seeing her clutching at her own head, falling from the railing to the balcony with a thump. Gradually, others with Aura abilities followed suit, clutching at their head as the pain intensified.

Just when he thought the pain was about to become unbearable, a ripple surged through the packs link, many passing out from the immense pain and disorientation. Daegon's vision went white, ears ringing, he felt himself reach out a hand and steady himself with the cold and hard ground, using the rough feeling of the concrete to centre himself.

After a few seconds his vision started to clear, hearing slowly coming back as he blinked a few times to disburse the white lingering in his eyes. Treyton was in front of Daegon, a worried look on his face as he called his Alpha's name

"Check Trixa" he ordered. Treyton didn't hesitate, he knew the importance Trixa held within the pack as he dashed into the house and appeared a moment later on the balcony where Trixa had been, crouching down at eye level with the Aura. After a few moments Daegon felt her presence in his mind

"I am Alright." she stood and dusted herself off, brushing away Treyton as he tried to help steady her "What in the goddess was that?"

"I was hoping you could tell me" Daegon responded, rubbing his head. He reached out to grab hold of his powers, only to find it alive with a strange current, as if it had been super charged. He made his way over to a few pack members that were still passed out on the ground, others trying to prop their heads up and make them comfortable "it feels as if the Aura has been affected by an outside power" he crouched down and inspected a gamma, a thin cut in the processing of healing where the she-wolf had hit her head as she fell. Trixa reached out to inspect the magic herself, her concern washing over Daegon