13. Warmth in his arms

The day passed by,

It was dinner time, they arranged a grand feast for the newly married couple and other guests with some entertainment.  Teju was dressed in a beautiful peacock green lehenga with heavy stone studded jewels. She was looking absolutely stunning with that sindoor on her hairline and that mangalsutra being the highlight even among the expensive jewels. 

He looked at her who was now sitting with her veil covering her head, her face was glowing and he felt the urge to wrap her around him always. He wanted to hide his beauty from everyone and protect her. 

Abhiraj whispered " I know my bhabhi is more beautiful, but don't be do desperate "

Karan glared at him and abhiraj acted like he is scared. They all finished their dinner and kushali told them the rituals of next day, the early morning Pooja followed by muh dhikaye and so on .

They both nodded and Karan requested to talk to the King and Queen of both the kingdom. They settled in the court room, he entered along with tejasswi.

Karan " Firstly, I want to thank the king and queen of kaleshwar kingdom for warmly welcoming us and treating us like a family. I thank from my heart for the trust and love you have on me , it's not easy for someone to give their daughter to unknown person, but you both trusted me with her and I would never break that. I will protect her any cost.

And, I have requested all your presence here to tell something important. I haven't shared this with ranisa yet but I hope she will understand me. I have to reach maheleshwar at the earliest due to some political issues and it's very urgent..  I was waiting for our wedding to get over, I know it's irresponsible of me to ask this way, pardon me but I have no other choice my king, please give me permission to leave this kingdom by early morning tomorrow "

Teju was shocked to hear that, her mother told her she would stay by another week but his sudden information startled her and she frowned when he said " me " ,what does he mean by me, does he want to leave her here and go back. 

King aliyar " Rajkumar karan, it was unexpected because we thought you would stay for another week.  But, I know you r prince of Maheleshwar before anything and I have no say to stop you.  This is also your kingdom from now on and you dont need my permission to do anything. "

Karan smiled " Thank you Maharaj " he turned and looked at kushali

Kushali " I also agree with the king but damadji, you are taking our rajkumari with you right? "

Karan looked at teju who was looking at him " No maharani, I will have to leave somewhere reaching the palace and ranisa will feel alone without my presence, I agree maasa and everyone will be there but I also have to think about her.  She didn't expect us to leave this soon, so let her be here and I will come back to take her when the place is safe for her "

Madangi was glaring at Karan, she wanted to smack his head but he is right and without her husband's presence, teju will definitely feel alone  in the initials days of marriage, even though she would be surrounded by everyone.

Teju stepped up and came near Karan
" You didn't ask my opinion in the ranasa, didn't I have any rights to tell my decision? "

Her words were determined and he looked at her, the looks says what's her decision. 

She looked at her parents and smiled
" Maasa, babasa, I know it was unexpected, but I wanted to go with my ranasa, I wanted to be with him as his strength and not someone whom he considered weak and wanted to be safe. I would be safe and sound, if not in his presence, then at least in his chamber.  As a newly married, I don't want people to question my relation with him and not just that, I wanted to build my relation with my in laws as well.  People of maheleshwar are waiting for their princess and I have responsibilities, I can't disobey them and disapppoint them. So, on the whole, I wanted to go with prince Karan and my in laws, I hope you agree to this " .