40. Someone got hurt?

After a week,

Karan entered into the Royal Court room where the King and royal ministers were present.  Abhiraj followed Karan and they bowed down to everyone. 

Karan " Greetings maharaj "

King nodded " Greetings rajkumar, I hope you know the news already, ragunath passed away and and the medic said he was poisoned. "

Karan " I saw the medic while coming here maharaj , he said the poison was a dangerous one and all the organs failed one by one leading to his death. It's similar to the condition affecting the dogs and there is no medicine for this yet and we come to know when the condition turns severe "

Abhiraj " and maharanj,  Ragunath doesn't eat whatever we give him, there are people who still work for him and he gets food through him. I know it's shame for us that a accused person is being privileged "

King " so you r saying , his own men killed him? "

Karan " May be, or he himself did "

King " Enquire about the poison more, I want to know who is preparing this and why the hell such poison is being available in this kingdom "

Karan " we will enquire about this maharaj "

King nodded " Abhi, announce the death news of Ragunath "

Karan " Kshama maharaj, I urge you to hide this news for some days before we find the person he was helping.  It can turn good and bad, both ways for us , so we can't take risk now.  "

King thought for sometime and agreed, he warned the ministers that the news should not spread until he says a word to which everyone agreed  and they dispersed. 

Karan and Abhi were walking towards the medic room to enquire about the poison, where they saw nitya already which made Karan frown.

Karan " What r u doing here "

Hearing his voice, she got scared and step back, the medic stood up and greeted them before saying anything.

Karan " what is she doing here "

Medic " maharaj, she got hurt while cooking, so maharanisa sent here with the guard to get treated, I was applying this medicine on her burn skin "

Before he could complete, Abhi was on her side and his face was full of concern, she was scared of Karan which made her stiff and didn't react to Abhi.

Abhi " dyaan kahan thi aapka.. What if you get hurt more.  Can't you take care of yourself, who asked you to cook.. "

She didn't say anything and Karan was a silent spectator, he never saw abhi restless for a stranger and that moment he knew his brother was madly in love with this girl. 

Abhi " I m asking you something Nitya, what were u doing in kitchen " he raised his voice and she got more scared that tears started flowing. 

Karan sighed and held Abhi's shoulder " Your concern should not make her scared, treat her properly " , his voice was calm and this is the first time nitya is hearing him with that voice. 

Abhi sighed and looked at her, the medic left with Karan to other room and Abhi took the medicine and applied them on her skin, she hissed but then he bowed softly making it better. 

Nitya " Prasad banane gaye thi hum "

Abhi " Isn't the royal chef doing it daily? "

Nitya nodded " he does, but today I wanted to do.. And "

Abhi " and what? "

She explained him when and how she got hurt and he looked at her with more love and respect, he wiped her tears.