━ ii

ᴺᴼᵂ ᴾᴸᴬᵞᴵᴺᴳ: " Hey, tío

ᴺᴼᵂ ᴾᴸᴬᵞᴵᴺᴳ: " Hey, tío. It's me...again."
💫✦🌺

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰

VENUS HATED FEELING POWERLESS. She felt it nearly twenty years ago in the months after her family's death. And she felt it now, sitting in the back of the Winchester's Impala, mulling over the fact that they spent a week scouring California for any hints of the demon's whereabouts and came up with jack.

She felt even more powerless watching Sam suffer in silence.

"You okay?" She leaned forward to ask Sam who had just jolted awake from a nightmare.

Sam turned to meet her concerned stare followed by a similar one on Dean's face and nodded. "Yeah, I'm fine."

"Another nightmare?" Dean spoke this time.

Sam gave no response other than a clench of his jaw.

Venus and Dean locked eyes for a brief moment through the rearview mirror, silently exchanging their concern for the youngest Winchester.

"Wanna drive for a while?" Dean eventually suggested to his brother.

Venus' eyes widened from the backseat at Dean's rarely displayed willingness to let someone else drive his baby.

Sam released a small chuckle and turned to face Dean, "In your whole life, you never once asked me that."

"Just thought you might want to, never mind," Dean immediately shut down.

"Look, I know you guys are worried about me. I get it and thank you, but I'm perfectly okay."

Venus scoffed from her seat. "My ass," she softly muttered.

Sam rolled his eyes at the girl's quip before reaching for their travel map. "All right, where are we?"

"We are just outside of Grand Junction," Dean answered.

Sam looked closer at the map once more and let a sigh leave his lips. "You know what? Maybe we shouldn't have left Stanford so soon," he grumbled.

Venus rested a hand on his shoulder soothingly. "'Mano we spent a whole week looking there and came up with nothing,"

Dean chimed in, "If you two wanna find the thing that killed Jessica..."