━ xxxi

ᴺᴼᵂ ᴾᴸᴬᵞᴵᴺᴳ: "Liar says what?"💫✦🌺

💫✦🌺

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰

"I'M SORRY."

Venus and Sam exchanged a look from where they stood on the side of the road, Dean's words catching them off guard.

Sam moved to sit beside his brother on the hood of the Impala, while Venus slowly began to walk back to where she parked her motorcycle behind them, sensing that this was a private moment. 

But then Dean turned to her. "No, stay. You should hear this too."

Venus examined him for a moment, sensing the silent plea in his eyes. I need you here.

So, she walked over and sat in the small space between the boys, looking out at the sunny landscape before them. It was so beautiful and quiet, a sharp contrast to the things the hunters had seen and felt over recent days.

Venus was long past upset with Dean, now only feeling saddened by the spiral he'd been experiencing for the past month. He'd been angrier and more cruel than ever, starting with a vampire hunt gone haywire in Montana, and now ending at their run-in with a resurrected college girl slash zombie. She had been mostly distant from him during it all, hoping to avoid another argument because it wouldn't do either of them any good.

But it currently seemed that Dean had reached his breaking point.

"What are you sorry for, Dean?" Venus turned and looked up at him, her sincerity evident in her tone and body language. It only made Dean feel worse about how he had been treating them.

"The way I've been acting," he answered, glancing down in shame.

Venus kept her eyes on Dean, watching his face soften into a mix of sadness and regret.

"And for dad," he added after some time, "Well, he was your dad too, Sammy."

Sam's eyes snapped to Dean at the mention of their father.

Even Venus found her jaw slackened. She wasn't expecting him to directly address this any time soon.

"It's my fault that he's gone."