━ xii

ᴺᴼᵂ ᴾᴸᴬᵞᴵᴺᴳ: "Sam, I can't help but think that finding John might do more harm than good

ᴺᴼᵂ ᴾᴸᴬᵞᴵᴺᴳ: "Sam, I can't help but think that finding John might do more harm than good."
💫✦🌺

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰

SAM JOLTED AWAKE WITH A GASP. His body flew upright and into a sitting position so fast that the woman beside him was nearly thrown off the bed.

Venus' eyes opened to meet Sam's erratic green ones in the dark of the motel room. His chest was heaving and his entire body shook. The woman sat up and examined him. "Nightmare?" she concluded.

Sam nodded, his breathing gradually returning to normal.

Venus furrowed her brows at him. This nightmare seemed worse than the others. She raised a hand to wipe the beads of sweat that had gathered by his brows. "You're shaking," she gently whispered.

"I'm fine," Sam shook his head and looked away from the brunette.

She frowned but decided not to push him further. Venus sighed and laid back down on their shared bed. But this time she left her arms open to the young Winchester boy.

Sam sighed, looking back at the space she left for him. He laid down once more, shuffling into Venus' arms and resting his head into the open crook of her shoulder. He slid his arms around her waist, letting the familiar warmth of her body bring him some comfort despite the terrifying images his brain conjured up mere minutes earlier.

Venus pressed a chaste kiss to the crown of his head and wrapped her hands around his neck. "Everything's gonna be fine, hermano," she gently whispered. And for a second, Sam believed her, letting her reassurance guide him back to sleep.

But the next morning, he couldn't stop thinking about the dream he had. He remained silent throughout breakfast and even more so once they returned to the motel in search of new cases. It led him to grab a notepad and pen and sketch endless pages of one image.

Venus took note of this.

She was seated across from Dean at the table on the other side of the room. Her laptop was opened to an assignment she was finishing for school but she couldn't concentrate.