━ xx

ᴺᴼᵂ ᴾᴸᴬᵞᴵᴺᴳ: "I should kick your little asses right now

ᴺᴼᵂ ᴾᴸᴬᵞᴵᴺᴳ: "I should kick your little asses right now."
💫✦🌺

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰

UNCERTAIN LORE AND THE BLUE OYSTER CULT was all the hunters had come up with the next morning.

But at least their Blue Oyster Cult lead brought them back to Craig Thurston.

"Look, I'm really not in the mood to answer any more of your questions okay?" the young man greeted the hunters once they returned to the music store.

"Don't worry," Dean raised a hand as a show of good faith, "We're just here to buy an album, that's all."

Craig looked each of them up and down then returned to placing some records on a shelf.

Dean picked up the album cover he was searching for and slowly approached the teenager, "You know, I couldn't figure out what that symbol was and then I realized it could mean anything. It's a logo for the Blue Oyster Cult," Dean explained with a smug grin, brandishing the vinyl he picked up with the symbol on it, "Tell me, Craig, you into B.O.C? Or just scaring the hell out of people?"

Craig's jaw clenched as he took the record from Dean's hand.

"Now why don't you tell us about that house without lying through your ass this time?" Dean continued, his tone light in contrast to his words.

Craig sighed in defeat, running his hand through his hair, then looked up at the hunters. "All right, my cousin, Dana, was on break from TCU. I guess we were just bored, looking for something to do. So I showed her this abandoned dump I found. We thought it'd be funny if we made it look like it was haunted, so we painted symbols on the walls. Some were from albums, some from some of Dana's theology textbooks."

Venus' brows furrowed at that. A theory soon began formulating in her mind about what might be responsible for this.

"Then we found out this guy Murdoch used to live there so we...we made up some story to go along with that. So they told people, who told other people, and then these two guys put it on their stupid website. Everything just took on a life of its own. I mean, I thought it was funny at first but now that girl's dead," Craig began to tear up, "It was just a joke y'know? None of it was real, we made the whole thing up, I swear."