━ iii

ᴺᴼᵂ ᴾᴸᴬᵞᴵᴺᴳ: "Put a thumb up if you're not dead

ᴺᴼᵂ ᴾᴸᴬᵞᴵᴺᴳ: "Put a thumb up if you're not dead."
💫✦🌺

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰

VENUS FELT A SMILE SPREAD ACROSS HER FACE as the fresh forest air of Black Water Ridge hit her upon stepping out of the Impala. She swung her bag across her shoulders and followed Dean and Sam over to where Hailey, her younger brother, and their guide stood. 

"You guys got room for three more?" Dean called out to them.

"Wait you want to come with us?" Hailey asked, raising a brow.

"Who are these guys?" their guide questioned.

Hailey turned to face him, "Apparently this is all the park service could muster up for the search and rescue."

"You're rangers?" the guide questioned, his eyes landing on Venus in particular.

"Yeah. Wanna see some ID?" Venus sent him a fake grin.

Hailey gave Dean's attire a once-over. "And you're hiking in biker boots and jeans?" she asked, her tone skeptical.

"Well, sweetheart, I don't do shorts," Dean retorted, walking past her to stand where Venus and Sam were waiting.

Venus smiled to herself, thinking Hailey had a point. Hiking in jeans seemed like hell. She looked down at her outfit consisting of cargo pants—whose pockets were filled with loaded gun magazines and various other small things they may need— timberland boots, a black utility jacket, a blue crewneck, and her uncle's old blue baseball cap flipped backward to top it all off. She was good to go.

"Oh you think this is funny," the guide spoke up, "It's dangerous backcountry out there, her brother might be hurt."

Venus and the boys exchanged a glance. What crawled up his ass and died?  "Well you don't have to worry about us, sir, we know how dangerous it can be," she calmly replied with a sweet smile.