━ xiv

ᴺᴼᵂ ᴾᴸᴬᵞᴵᴺᴳ: "Don't make this more difficult than it has to be

ᴺᴼᵂ ᴾᴸᴬᵞᴵᴺᴳ: "Don't make this more difficult than it has to be."
💫✦🌺

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰

"GIMME THE PHONE."

Venus groaned at Dean's volume, slowly blinking awake and turning in her single bed to see the boys awake and sitting up in theirs.

They had just finished up a hunt the previous evening, one that led them to a haunted asylum where some evil doctor used his powers to provoke Sam to the brink of murdering his older brother.

Simply put, tensions were high.

She rolled over and glanced at the alarm clock on her night table. It was three am.

"What the hell is going on?" she forced herself to sit up in her bed and face the brothers. But her question was ignored.

Venus said nothing else, watching Dean snatch Sam's phone from his hands and put it to his ear. "Dad it's me, where are you?"

Any remaining exhaustion quickly left her body after that. Six months and John was finally making contact. It was a damn miracle.

She watched as Dean's whole posture changed, along with his tone. "Yes, sir," he replied to whatever John said on the other end.

Venus scoffed from where she sat. It took ten seconds for John to boot Dean into soldier mode.

He quickly grabbed a pen a began scribbling info that Venus assumed John was giving him. She glanced further past him to see Sam sitting with a scowl etched onto his face.

Venus' ears perked up at the sound of her own phone ringing soon after. She reached a hand into her jacket pocket nearby and grabbed her phone, flipping it open to see a name she was not expecting.

The brunette's mouth ran dry as she slowly stood from her bed, staring at the ringing phone with wide eyes. She walked over to the room door, past the boys who had been giving her concerned looks, and stepped outside. Once she heard the click of the room door she clicked the green button and brought her shaky hand up to her ear.

"Chiquita," her uncle's gruff voice sounded through the small device.

A strangled cry echoed from her chest, "t-tío?"