━ xi

ᴺᴼᵂ ᴾᴸᴬᵞᴵᴺᴳ: "Hallowed ground

ᴺᴼᵂ ᴾᴸᴬᵞᴵᴺᴳ: "Hallowed ground."
💫✦🌺

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰

"I LOVE IT WHEN WE FIGHT."

Venus chuckled softly at Casey's words. She was lying in his arms, their naked bodies entangled in his sheets while they let the events of the previous night wash over them.

"We were always good at the fighting, and we were damn good at what came after the fighting," she admitted with a grin.

Casey chucked from his position beneath her, letting his hands continue to trace shapes on the soft skin of her back. "It's all the other stuff, not so much," he softly reminisced, looking down at where Venus' head rested on his chest.

"I tried," she turned to look up at him through her lashes, "Telling you who I was, what I did for a living, that was a big first for me."

Casey furrowed his brows, bringing a hand up to move a stray curl from the woman's face. "Why'd you tell me?"

"I think..." Venus trailed off with a deep sigh, "I think I was just tired of lying to you. You deserved better," she finished, raising her hand to caress his bearded face. She found herself grinning. "I really like this by the way," her fingers trailed up to his mustache.

Casey flashed her a toothy grin, "Yeah? Me too. Thought it would get rid of that babyface people kept telling me I had."

Venus scrunched her nose up, poking his dimples, "As long as these are here, that babyface isn't going anywhere cariño."

She giggled when the man beneath her fist pumped the air. "I'm finally back in cariño territory," he dramatically cheered.

Venus rolled her eyes at him and returned her head to its place on his chest. She let the calm thumps of his heart relax her, her breathing eventually synching with his.

"You know," he spoke after a few more minutes of comfortable silence, "Things tend to work out when people really want them to," he proclaimed, vaguely hinting at something.

Venus closed her eyes in defeat. There was so much hope in his voice. She had to be gentle. "If this were four months ago things would be so different. But I still do what I do and honestly...I don't know when it's gonna end," she explained, knowing that the search for Jessica's murderer could take months or even years.