018

Nova
Thursday (continued)

I stare at the screen in disbelief.

"what's wrong?" Ally asks, turning my phone towards her.

she stares at the screen a little longer before, sitting up fully.

"fuck," she whispers before, going to her contacts and calling stokeley. His phone goes straight to voicemail.

I call Jahseh again, this time his phone goes straight to voicemail.

I feel the metallic taste in my mouth as my stomach churns non-stop.

"I think i'm going to throw up..." I mumble, getting up and making my way out of the room and kneeling over the toilet.

I gag a few times, before eventually vomiting into the toilet and considering I hadn't ate in a few days, I was throwing up nothing but stomach acid.

I sit against the wall, flushing the toilet. I get up off the floor, brushing my teeth and rinsing my mouth out before making my way back to the room sitting on the bed.

By this time, ally has informed J of what was going on and they were going back and forth about what to do. I just watched them.

"we can't just go to chicago." J says calmly to ally who is screaming at him.

"and why the fuck not?" She yells, "They're obviously there" she finishes.

In the middle of them talking I see my phone ring with 'unknown' flashed across the screen. I ignore it, turning my attention back to ally and j.

"you sound so fucking dumb, why would we just leave him there?" she says, getting closer to him.

"i'm not talking about leaving him there, how are we going to get him is my question" he replies back.

I zone out of their conversation as I see my phone ring again with the unknown title displayed.

I usually don't answer unknown calls but something was telling me to answer, i pick up the phone pressing the green button.

"hello?" I say into the phone,

"you have a collect call from a person currently in a prison in Cook County, Correctional Department. All calls are monitored and recorded and may be listened to by a member of Prison staff. If you do not wish to accept this call, please hang up now."

I keep the phone close to my ear, waiting on someone to talk.There's a beep and then I hear the automated voice again.

"you have 3 minutes"

then I hear his voice.

"nova." I hear jahseh say on the other side of the phone sounding out of breath.

"Jahseh? where are you, what are you doing?" I ask frantically.

"awwwn, you worried about me?" he coos over the phone.

I snicker, "you wish." I reply.

"but listen, i need you to do something." he starts, "tell j that it's raining"

"i don't understand..."

he sighs, "just tell him that exact phrase, he'll know what you're talking about."

"and tell him that it's all three of us." he finishes.

"okay" I say confused

"and tell him we need extradition papers to get back to Florida" He tells me.