Chapter 21

Frederick Eros Nu Chankimha

Flashback 2 Years Ago

I'm currently travelling on the way to our Villa, I don't know why all of a sudden my Dad called me. As a businessman I can't think of anything this important that we have to talk about at this time of night. Our business is doing good, Infact we just closed a new deal that is why my friends and I were celebrating before Dad called.

When I got near the villa I can see our private helicopter and our private Doctors' car.

When I got inside the villa everyone was busy I also saw Dr. McCall walking towards the 2nd floor.

"Excuse me? What is going on?  Why is Dr.M here? Is Dad okay?" I asked one of the workers.

"Young Master. Your Dad is fine. It would be best if you ask him directly. Please excuse me, Young Master I have to take these upstairs." Showing a tray of Coffee.

I walked towards my Dad's office and was about to knock when the door opened revealing Dr.M.

"Good evening, Dr. M! What's happening?"

"Good evening as well, Feros. I think you should talk to your Dad. He is waiting."

He gestured me to go inside and then he himself went inside another room.

Why are they not answering me. This is getting annoying. I didn't have much of a choice, if I want to know what's going on I have to ask Dad.

" Dad? "

"Son, good that you already arrived. Come here, we need to talk"

I got worried. He's too serious.

"Kid, I may look healthy right now but we both know my life already is coming to an end"

Ofcourse, who can forget that he already have couple of months left. I sighed.

"Dad, you don't..."

I was not able to finish my sentence when he interrupted me.

"Kid, Stop. Let me finish first."

I just nodded and waited for him to continue.

"As I was saying. My time is almost up. By then i want you to take care of someone very dear to  me and i know will soon be dear to you too. I Love you and you know I'm so proud of you. I also know you looked up to me..."

True. He has been my hero. He taught me everything I need to know about business. He loved our family and he accepted me for what I am. He's my inspiration to strive.

".. Son, i'm not an all good person. I had decisions that I regret. You will know what those are when my time is up. When I'm gone, you will take on the responsibility to take care of our business and family. Promise me you will."

"Dad why are you telling me these again? And why is Dr.M here? And ofcourse I will take care of our business, Mom and Irin."

"You'll know soon, Son. Dr. McCall will tell you when it's time. And by the way,  you are not to go inside the room where Dr. M went in. I know you saw him.He will take you himself when it's time."

Eben though I don't understand what's going on I trust my Dad. I nodded to his words. I wonder what's in that room.

"Promise me, Son"

He was looking at seriously.

"I Promise Dad."

Since that day Dad spent his time mostly at the Villa. Mom seemed to not mind at all.