Why Me?

"What the hell were you thinking?!" I shout at Lucas as we turn the corner towards the nurse. He is a wreck. Blood is all over his face, his jacked it a little ripped, and he had a huge cut on his arm.

"I wasn't thinking Ryan, okay I wasn't." He says to me. His voice is very scratchy, yet calm. He was acting strange, and I knew something was wrong.

"I heard you boys were coming." said Mrs. Adams, the school nurse. Lucas and I walked into the check up room. "Boy, what did you get ya get yourself into?" She asked Lucas. Mrs. Adams was an old African American woman from Alabama. Nicest women ever. She always smiled.

"He got into a fight with Jessica Heart." I told her. Mrs. Adams looked at Lucas, who was staring down at the floor.

"Jessica Heart!? Boy, I thought you knew better than that. She told him. This whole time he was staring at the floor.

"Mrs. Adams can I have a moment alone with him?" I asked the old nurse. She looked at me and stood up and walked to the door.             

"Only for a minute, and I have to get some more bandages anyways. "

I sit down next to him and grab his hands. "Talk to me." I beg. He finally looks up at me and I can see the stiffness in his face. He wants to cry so badly, and I can tell.

"Why me?" he whispers, "Why me?" I see the tears fall down his face, I feel so bad for him. He's being attacked by the top bitch in school, and why? Because of me........  I grab him as he completely falls apart in my grasp.

"Shhh, Lucas, Shhh" I'm trying to calm him down as best as I could. He was sobbing so much I couldn't even hear what he was saying. Mrs. Adams walked into the room and I just waved her away. She got the message and shut the door.

"Baby it's ok, she isn't going to hurt you, I won't let her." I told Lucas. I wanted him safe, and I failed with that. I couldn't let Jessica destroy Lucas like this.

"Drew..." I heard come out of his mouth.

"What did you say?" I asked him. He broke away from me and wiped the tears away.

"She mentioned Drew, she's going to use him against me." I was astonished Jessica didn't use people.

"She said that?" I asked Lucas. Drew was Lucas's worst nightmare, but they had become friends again.

"No, but I just know it." He said.

I have no idea what happened next, but before I knew it. I was making out with Lucas. His lips pressed against mine, and they pressed hard. The adrenaline was flowing so fast between us. Then he broke from my lips, and stared at me. I ran my fingers through his hair.

"What's wrong baby?" I asked him. He started to smile, and he wrapped his arms around my neck. I wrapped my arms around his waist and we just stood there. I looked past him to see a window. I never remembered that window, but now I did. Because standing right there on the other side of that window, was Hayden, and Jessica. At that minute so many things ran through my mind. Did they see us kiss? Is Hayden going to tell the team? Is Jessica going to finally quit? Whatever the answers are I hope they are good. 

It's been three days since the kiss, and things are getting better.... well I hope. I haven't really shown up to school. Yes, I know that's a total dick move especially since I kissed the love of my life and now he probably thinks that I hate him. I just can't go there. I can't face Lucas, Jessica, Hayden, or anyone for the matter of fact. I've barely eaten, and now my family is starting to worry about me. I keep thinking about what happened to Lucas. None of this would have happened if I had just told Jessica I don't want to be with her. I keep thinking of the painful words Lucas had asked me. "Why me?" he had said, and the said thing is............ It's because of me.

(Authors note)

Hello People! How do you like the story? Is there anything you would like me to add or change. All criticisms matter to me bad or good, so please let me know in the comments, or message me personally! Don't forget to vote, and have your friends read this book. It would mean a ton if you spread the word! Keep on reading!

                                                                                     -Sam/Chappy21101