New Things Happen

(Lucas's P.O.V)

It's been a week since Ryan and I's kiss in the nurse's office, and he still hasn't shown up for school. I've been so worried about him. He won't pick up his phone, answer my texts, or emails. I even tried messaging him on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram! Even then I got no response. Ryan Adams has officially dropped off the face of the earth! I don't blame him. The night after the kiss a photo of the kiss was leaked onto all forms of social media by no other than Jessica! Everyone now knows that Ryan is gay. I've checked his profiles everyday, and everyone is posting horrible stuff on his page. 

"It's all my fault!" I tell Gwen, Carla, and Rachel. 

"Don't say that!" Says Carla as she puts her arm around my shoulder. "It hasn't exactly been a walk in the park for you either." She reminds me as we turn the corner. She's right the shit I've been reviving has been 100 times worse then Ryan, but I don't really care. I've been getting this type of shit for a year and a half now, so I'm completely numb to it. The bell rings just as we arrive at the library. 

"Looks like free period has begun!" exclaims Rachel. I quickly run through my library into the room.

"The Room" is the reference room now turned into a cool hang out since no one has used an encyclopedia or a dictionary since Wikipedia. The librarians gave it to me last year for helping out so much. I know it's sort of a lame gift, but it has it's pro's. It's in the back of the library where no one goes. It has air conditioning in the summer, and heat in the winter. Also the internet servers are right next door, so it has the best wifi in the whole school. Anyways I log onto Facebook clear all of my notifications, and go onto Ryan's page. Still no sign of him.

I look up from my laptop 10 minutes later and look up at the gang all on theirs pretending to do homework when I know they're on social media. 

"I'll be right back." I tell them as I leave the room. I walk out of the library and towards the water fountains, and then...WAM! 

"Oh my god I am so sorry!" says the girl who has just ran into me. 

"It's fine you didn't push me off a bridge." I tell her as I gather myself together. I recognize her immediately, Lindsey Harris. She's in almost all of my classes, and  is really sweet. 

"You're Lucas right?" she asks. Great another person who's adding me to their hate list. "Look don't listen to what other people say. Go for Ryan, and don't let anyone stop you from accomplishing that. Especially a group of stupid jocks. I smile at her. That's officially the nicest thing anyone has said to me. 

"Thank you, that means a lot to me. We should be better friends." I tell her. She smiles back, and goes to pick up her book which dropped to the ground. 

"Definitely! Wanna go to the mall next Sunday?" She asks me as we make our way back to the library. I look at her before I go in.

"Totally, I'll call you." I tell her. We then make our goodbyes as the lunch bell rings and she makes her was to the cafeteria.  

I walk down to the cafeteria and grab my lunch, "Lucas, you are not going to believe what I'm seeing right now." Says Rachel as we make our way to our table and set our trays down. I look over to see no other than Ryan walking towards me and I see what he's wearing. Ryan Adams is wearing a neon pink t-shirt. I don't start crying until I can see what's wrote on the front. The front of the t-shirt reads "I Love My Boyfriend" In huge rainbow lettering. Before I know it tears are running down my cheeks as I run towards him. My heart begins to beat a little faster as he wraps his arms around me and we kiss. God the kiss! I felt like the end of a Disney movie when the prince saves the princess, they get married, and live happily ever after. The kiss was so passionate and got even more as Ryan tightens his grip around me. Everyone was cheering, well besides for the jocks and the cheerleaders. Ryan didn't care though it was like he was in his own world and no one could bother him. We broke apart from the kiss and then Ryan asked me something, 

"Lucas Jonathan Anderson, will you be my date to the Summer Formal?" The Summer Formal is kind of like prom, but it's for the underclassmen only. It's definitely not as amazing as prom, but it's something that you should go too. I kiss him back, as I realize that I am still crying,  

"Yes! I will go to the Summer Formal with you!" I tell him. Everyone hears this so the crowd gets even louder. I look behind Ryan for a moment to see Lindsey. She sees me and gives me a huge thumbs up. 

As we walk out of the cafeteria, Ryan holds my hand and whispers in my ear, "I love you so much." I look down to see my phone blowing up with texts and notifications. 

"I love you too." I tell him as we come up next to my locker. The bell rings meaning it's time to go home. 

"I'll call you later, OK?" Ryan tells me as I grab my bag. I kiss him and then leave. As I walk down the hall I stop to see Jessica standing there. Her eyes are glaring at me as if they're saying, "You're dead to me." I smile at her as I walk past her. I may have won this battle, but I know I haven't won the war.....

Author's Note:

Hello everyone! I am so sorry for the long wait, but I'm working on making better quality so it takes a little longer.... I would like to thank someone who I probably should have thanked a long time ago. Her name is @Jancovic , Megan if you happen to come upon this I want you to know something. You are my Lindsey. At the very beginning when I was just starting out I had my doubts about this book... Then you read it and told me all of these positive things about it.. Without you're help, I don't think I would've made it this far... I am proud to call you one of my best friends.. Well that's all for now, until next time.....

                                                                                                          Keep on Reading! 

                                                                                                                  -Chappy21101/Sam