Untitled {Finale}

(Lucas's P.O.V)

I shocked myself about a week ago. Okay, maybe I should give a little more detail than just that. So, here's the story. It was around 3 in the morning on Wednesday, when I woke up really needing to pee. Okay, so maybe I had drank a full bottle of soda before going to bed, but... well I guess there isn't really a but. 

Anyways, as of that Wednesday night I still needed Ryan's help getting in and out of bed because of my leg. However, I didn't want to wake him, so instead I just got up out of bed and walked to the bathroom. I was tired, so I didn't realize it till I finished going pee. Standing up! As I was washing my hands that's when I realized, and I screamed. 

Okay, so maybe the scream wasn't necessary, however I was really excited. I hadn't stood up without the crutches in months, and the fact that I walked all the way into the bathroom without them was so shocking to me. Of course the scream freaked out Ryan as he came running into the bathroom in complete distraught and asked, "What's wrong? Are you okay?" he asked me exhausted. 

"Look," I told him

"Lucas, it's 3:17 in the morning, can you just tell me what the hell is going on?" He demanded.

"I'm standing genius! Without my crutches, I walked over here and stood without them!" I exclaimed. He laughed running up to me and wrapping his arms around me picking me up. He was speechless and wouldn't stop smiling. This was a huge step for me. A step that I was scared to take for weeks worried that I'd fall all the way back to square one. 

"I'm so proud of you baby!" Ryan exclaimed spinning me around and bringing me back to bed. God it was so nice to  finally not have to rely on crutches 24/7. I can't wait to go out without crutches and everything. This was actually a great moment for me. I was so happy to be finally moving on from this terrible incident.. This whole year had been filled with ups, and downs, and it would be one more year till Ryan and I were officially on our own.

I woke up the next morning and got dressed and everything. Ryan drove me to physical therapy and I worked out a little bit afterwards at the gym. Then we went out to lunch and had a conversation about some things. Finally, after all of that. We went to get Danny.

(Ryan's P.O.V)

"Dad!!!!" Danny yelled running into my arms. God, we had gone 2 full months without our little man living with us, and it was so painful. Granted, I went and visited him every single day he was gone, but the fact that I wasn't putting him to bed every single night ached my heart. 

"Kiddo!" I shouted picking him up and spinning him around. "I missed you so much!" I said hugging him tightly. Lucas came out from the car and grabbed him from my arms holding him. We were finally a family again, and it was one of the greatest feelings ever. 

Then we just stood there for a while. There was some laughs, there was some tears, and there was a lot of smiling. We were back together again, Lucas was on his feet, Danny was back in the arms of his parents, and we were moving on from the tragedy that happened months ago.. 

"Let's go home," whispered Lucas after about an hour of talking amongst ourselves at my parents house. We were all exhausted, thankfully my parents had given us dinner and some leftovers incase we were still hungry afterwards. I sighed and put a tired Danny into the car and Lucas started to nod off. 

Once we arrived at home, I put the food in the fridge and Lucas unpacked Danny's stuff. Then we helped him get settled for bed and put him to sleep. Afterwards, Lucas turned off his light and met me in our bedroom. He finished getting undressed and crawled into bed. I followed him and and kissed him on the lips falling asleep shortly afterwards. I was so happy to finally have our family under one roof. We had a year left until we would be going off to college and hopefully it would be awesome.

(Lucas's P.O.V)

The next few days had flown by. Danny was now fully adjusted to be back home, and I was finishing up my physical therapy. We only had 2 weeks left till summer came and we were still planning on what to do as a family. Ryan's parents, the saints they are, offered to fully pay for any vacation we wanted. After the past 2 years, a vacation was definitely needed as well. I had gotten a boyfriend, battled his ex-girlfriend, went through the explosion of a hospital, saw my best friend die, got a kid, and regained the strength in my legs all within 24, painstaking months. I had gone through hell and back, but I wouldn't have had it any other way.

We sat in the living room, Danny, Ryan, and I all staring at different vacation spots on the computer. I scrolled through different vacation packages and found ones for Los Angeles, San Diego, Sacramento, and more. There was a lot of offers for some really nice vacations. It was really relaxing to be able to find so many options for us three. That's when Danny said probably the smartest thing ever.

"Daddy, why don't we do a road trip?"

Road trips.... I guess I never thought about it, but Danny was old enough, and Ryan and I could totally do it. We could go all over the United States, and just explore the country. It would be an amazing cultural experience for Danny, and a good way to figure out mine and Ryan's life. So, I looked online for hotels, and maps.

I looked over at Ryan, and asked him a weird question that came to my mind. "Why did you stay with me? You know, after the accident, and the depression?" I didn't know why I was asking him this question, it was random, and could end badly, but I needed to know. I caused him so much hell, yet he stayed. Then he said the words that would stick in my head forever.

"I stayed, because you belong with me."