Love, Hope, Family

(Ryan's P.O.V - 2 months later)

Little Danny had to be the best thing in the world! He's adorable, cute, funny, just overall a fantastic kid. Plus he's so easy to manage. Lucas is a god as well, staying home from classes all week to be with him till he starts school next monday. Aside from that, not much has been going on.

This morning I woke up to Lucas sound asleep in bed next to me. I rolled over to see that it was 7:15am on a Saturday... "3...2....1..." I say to myself, and right on cue I hear the shouting of

"DADDY!! I'M HUNGRY!!!" Shouted Danny from the dining room in the apartment. I started to feel Lucas stir next to me, he was such a good dad, he always knew how to take care of Danny and me both at the same time. However, today was.. a special day, Today would be the day Danny would officially be ours, and we could be a family. Lucas opened his eyes about to get up and feed the starving 7 year old in the house.

"Lay back down babe, I got him today.." I whispered kissing Lucas softly on the lips getting out of bed. He gave me a weird look, shook his head, and then chuckled as he pulled the comforter back over him. I walked into the kitchen and pulled out two bowls for Danny and I. "Cheerios or Frosted Flakes buddy?" I asked him.

He stretched his cute little arms and yawned, still exhausted from the night before. "Um... Frosted Flakes," he said resting his head on the counter. Geez this kid was tired today.. Looks like it would be breakfast and then possibly back to bed for him. I poured the cereal into the bowls and brought it over to the couch, turning on the TV. "Daddy says no eating unless you're at the table," Danny stated. That was a very big "Lucas" rule, and every time I attempted to fight it I got this as a response. 

"Well why don't you try cleaning the apartment for once, and then maybe I'll reconsider.." 

I smirked at Danny sitting down with the bowls, and pointing in them. "No milk, no mess, more TV time." I said separating each part of the puzzle for him so he would understand. He gave me a huge smile and giggled quietly, realizing that this was a big secret between him and I. He sat there watching some dumb cartoon on TV as I was on my phone checking Facebook. 

About 15 minutes later Danny was done, yet extremely exhausted so I put his bowl in the sink, picked him up, and brought him back to bed for a few more hours. I close his door quietly and tip toe back to bed to see Lucas hogging like 75% of the mattress... God he was so adorable when he was asleep.. I gently picked him up and placed him back over on his side, crawled back in, and wrapped my arms around him. This was our life now, a life that I was happy with. 

2 Weeks Later

(Lucas' P.O.V)

So today was a special day for Danny, it was his birthday! His 8th birthday... the birthday Ryan and I had dreaded as it was the one his real mom was finally allowed to come to and see him. Now don't get me wrong! It's not that I don't want Danny to meet Veronica, it's just that I'm scared how she'll react after not seeing him for this long. I don't want any issues between us...

Danny's gone with Ryan's mom for the day as Ryan and I set up in the house for the party. It'll be fun, and Ryan and I also got to have a little fun ourselves, if you get what I mean. So we're putting up the last of our decorations when I realize something.. "Shit!" I say after blowing up the last balloon. 

"Babe, what's wrong?" Ryan asks me. How could we be so stupid? How could we forget the most important thing for a birthday party. We got the guest list, the cake, the decorations everything but the --

"Present!" I shout again. Ry looks at me weirdly as he's attempting to put the puzzle together. "Danny's birthday present dumbass! We don't have one!" I say to Ryan, his eyes open up wide as he now understands what's happening. "I'll be back!" I say to Ryan kissing him on the lips, grabbing my keys, texting Gwen saying I'll pick her up, and head to the mall. 

At the mall Gwen and I grab a coffee from Starbucks and walk to the Apple store. See, Danny wants an iPad.. I know, lame right!? Though it's something he really wants, so I'm getting him one, I'm also stopping at Toys R Us and getting him a ton of other things. 

"So...Dad.. How does it feel?" Gwen asks after I blow $1000 in the Apple Store. I look back at her.

"It feels, good. I love being a dad, it's brought Ryan and I closer together and Danny is amazing," I tell her. Gwen's my best friend. I love her so much, she's been there for me so much it's amazing. She smiles back at me as we walk out of the mall.

"I'm really happy for you Lucas, really. You deserve everything you have, I love you." Those were the last words Gwen ever said to me..