3.

~ a week later ~

Tayleigh and I sat on the bench on the playground, just chilling and talking. That's all we've been doing for the past week. Secretly meeting up after twelve at the playground, to chill, talk...and kiss.

As much as I hate to admit it, seeing Tayleigh after work was definitely something I was starting to look forward to.

And the one night she couldn't meet up with me, I felt some type of way about it.

"...motherfucka had me bend over, I ain't never did that shit before." Tayleigh continued to explain. "Yo-" I busted out laughing.

"I'm deadass. I said if I ever get arrested again, which I probably will, y'all not checking in between my ass cheeks again. A bitch felt violated as fuck." Tayleigh expressed.

"Pause. What you mean, you probably will?" I questioned. "Exactly what I said. Look at the lifestyle I live. What I'm involved in. It's bound to happen again." Tayleigh shrugged.

"What, you don't care?" I wondered. "To an extent nah. This is...this is my life and what I'm used to." Tayleigh answered.

"Well, I don't think I would but I just pray I never go to jail." I sighed. "Yea...me too. You wouldn't survive in that kinda environment. Somebody would make you their bitch easy." Tayleigh chuckled.

I slowly turned to look at her. "What?" she smiled. "Thanks for your kind words." I spoke with sarcasm.

"Aye man, I'm just saying..." Tayleigh trailed off, looking me up and down. "Anyways. Were you somebody's bitch while you were there?" I asked. Tayleigh started to laugh a little.

I looked at her confused. She then noticed the way I was looking and stopped laughing.

"Oh, you were serious?" she asked me. "Uh, yea." I nodded. "Oh, I thought you were being funny." Tayleigh explained.

"Why did you think that?" I wondered. "Cause, I look like I was somebody's bitch to you?" Tayleigh asked. "I mean, no but you can never judge a book by its cover." I stated.

Tayleigh just laughed a little. I wasn't sure what was so funny but I shrugged it off.

"So...what's up with you?" Tayleigh asked. "Bruh, you keep asking me the same question." I shook my head. "Cause you're not giving me, yes or no answers." Tayleigh responded.

"Don't worry. This my last time asking though. Believe that." she then nodded. The way in which she said it made me believe her.

"Tay I- it's not that easy. I just don't think-" I started to explain. Tayleigh quickly cut me off. "So, no? Okay, got it. We gang. Cool." Tayleigh tried to dap me up.

I sat there, staring at her hand for a moment. "Yea, cool." I nodded a little, dapping her up.

It then went quiet. Very quiet.

Eventually I noticed Tayleigh was invested in her phone, clearly texting someone.

I pulled out my phone, looking for something to do. I ended up just scrolling through my contacts. When I came across Tay's name, I stopped.