21.

~ a few days later ~

Tayleigh and I walked through the front door of her and Jay's house. "Tay..." Jay immediately rushed over to the door. "I'm not here for you. Here for my clothes." Tayleigh said, dismissing Jay as she put her hand in his face.

"Come on with that childish shit man. Let's talk bruh. You been gone for a couple weeks." Jay voiced, following Tayleigh up the stairs.

"Oh, you know how to do basic math." Tayleigh spoke in a mocking tone.

"I don't even sound like that." Jay responded. "I don't even sound like that." Tayleigh continued mocking him. "Back up bruh. Wouldn't want my weakness to rub off on you." she then said.

Jay smacked his lips, following Tayleigh into her bedroom. I slowly walked up the steps, making awkward eye contact with Cam.

"Hi..." I finally spoke.

"What's up?" Cam responded. "Nothing..." I slowly answered. Cam then stepped closer to me. "You're not pregnant, are you?" he suddenly asked me.

"Bruh what?" I smacked my lips. "My fault. Tay being gone this long, we were just wondering if- never mind." Cam shook his head.

"Okay..." I slowly said, walking up the steps.

I made my way up to Tayleigh's room, just as she aggressively pushed Jay out. "Tay-" he tried to speak but Tayleigh slammed her door. Seconds later, she opened the door and pulled me inside.

She then shut and locked the door. I went to sit on her bed while watching her pack her stuff.

"Bae." I said out of the blue. "Hm." Tayleigh responded. "You okay?" I wondered. "Of course I am." Tayleigh mockingly chuckled.

"Are you really okay though? Like, really?" I asked her. Tayleigh turned around, giving me a look that was hard to read. "I just said I'm fine." she then said.

"Yea, that's what you said. But, that's not how you're acting." I stated. "Well then how am I acting Destiny?" Tayleigh sighed.

"Like, you're irritated or annoyed." I expressed.

Tayleigh slightly nodded before putting her attention elsewhere. I watched as she reached up into her closet and pulled a stack of money out. She undid the rubber band wrapped around it and took half, then put the rest back.

Tayleigh sat at her desk and began counting the money to herself, ignoring my existence.

"I'm just bouta go wait outside." I rolled my eyes, making my way to the door. "Bye." Tayleigh immediately said with an attitude.

I stopped walking, slowly turning around. I then walked over to Tayleigh. "20, 70, 80..." I said random numbers, throwing Tayleigh's counting off. I then smacked the money out of her hands.

"Bye." I smiled, slapping her upside her head.

I made my way out the room, hearing Tayleigh mumbling as I closed the door.

As I walked outside onto the porch, I saw Cam and Jay smoking. I sat down on one of the chairs and took out my phone.

"Where's Tay?" Cam wondered. "Picking her money up off the floor." I shrugged. Cam and Jay looked at me confused. "She got smart with me, so I smacked the shit out her hands." I explained.