8.

~ a few weeks later ~

A never ending cycle.

I don't know why I keep doing this to myself. Every single time I panic and say I'm never doing it again and thank the universe for looking out. But then I find myself doing it again...and again.

I just can't leave Tayleigh alone. Her stroke game got me in a chokehold. I can't escape.

"So..." my doctor looked at me. And I looked at her. And she looked at me. And I slowly broke eye contact, feeling nervous.

"Your pregnancy test did come back negative, but I would like to talk to you about some other things..." my doctor spoke, but after the word negative I stopped listening due to excitement.

"Destiny." my doctor waved a little. "Huh-wha- I mean ma'am." I stuttered. "Your iron, omega 3, vitamin B6 and 12, along with your vitamin D levels are very low. And your blood pressures a little high." my doctor informed me.

"Oh?" I paused for a second. "Yea, do you have a lot of stressors? People or work? Do you work a lot?" my doctor wondered.

"Uh, yes I have been working a lot more than usual. I'm getting ready to buy my first car." I explained to her. "I see. Well try taking a break if you're working overtime." she suggested.

"Maybe in about a month. Once I have a car and stuff." I nodded. "You're not in the best health right now. In a month, a lot worse can happen to your body. Take care of your body first, it's the only one you've got." my doctor stated.

I sighed a little, nodding.

She went on to tell me I need to invest in supplements as well, to balance out my levels.

After getting out of my appointment, I took the bus home. On the bus ride I went to text Tayleigh about my doctor's appointment, although she laughed in my face when I told her why I was going.

I let her know I was done first, to see if she was gonna even respond. I hated texted her hella shit and then being left on delivered for forever.

Surprisingly, Tayleigh almost immediately responded.

𝐓𝐚𝐲: So...what are we naming our baby?

𝐌𝐞: Nonexistent.

𝐓𝐚𝐲: Damn.
𝐓𝐚𝐲: Sn, I told you ma

𝐌𝐞: Anyways. My doctor said I'm low in like vitamin B6, B12, D, some others and my blood pressure's a little high bro

𝐓𝐚𝐲: Gawd. Damn.

𝐌𝐞: Exactly

𝐓𝐚𝐲: U good, I can lower ur blood pressure and give u some vitamin D tmr night

I rolled my eyes a little while leaving Tayleigh on read because she knows better. After a few minutes of being left on read, she sent another text saying 'No? U don't like that idea?'

I chuckled to myself before responding.

Eventually I made it home and was quick to take a shower and lay down. It was only around 7PM but I was so drained and exhausted. I scrolled on my phone for a little before knowing out.

11 p.m.

I woke up to the sound of commotion in the distance. Arguing, yelling, and I'm sure fighting. I also heard quick movements within the house and became alarmed. When I went downstairs, I saw some of Malik's homeboys.

"What's going on? Where y'all going?" I asked, watching them move with urgency. "Some motherfuckas tryna pull up on our corner." one of them said.

"What do you mean?" I questioned, worried. I knew Malik, Pierre and few others were over there from earlier. Probably hustling and doing god knows what else.