14.

~ a week later ~

"I miss you..." I quickly spoke on the phone. "Yea, I miss you too." Tayleigh quietly talked as well. "I need you to cooperate, so you can come home." I sighed, looking over at Lyric sleep on the hotel bed.

While the house was getting fixed...with my damn money, Lyric and I were staying in a hotel...with my damn money.

"Hello?" I said, noticing Tayleigh went quiet. "Hello." she responded.

"You hear me?" I questioned. "Yea..." Tayleigh sighed. "So are you gonna cooperate and stop acting out?" I asked.

"It's not that easy-" Tayleigh started to say. "What do you mean? Tayleigh you're making it worse for yourself...control yourself. Stop snapping on everyone." I told her.

"Mhm. Yea, I gotta go." Tayleigh sounded uninterested.

"If you hung up, I'm not answering your next phone call." I threatened. Tayleigh smacked her lips. "Stop being petty." she then said.

"Nah cause you always do this shit. You call to complain and then wanna get defensive and dismissive once I tell you what you need to do." I stated. "Uh huh." Tayleigh responded.

"See. You doing it right now." I pointed out.

"Hold on." I heard Tayleigh sigh, as if something else caught her attention.

"Get off the phone yo." I heard someone speak in the background. "Go mind your fucking business bitch. Before I crack you in yo mouth again." Tayleigh immediately came off aggressive.

"Tayleigh..." I called her, wanting her to chill.

"Nah, Ima call you back cause bitches keep trying me." Tayleigh said, seconds before the call ended.

I sighed in annoyance while roughly setting my phone down. I swear this girl had been aggravating the fuck out of me this past week. She already got her hearing pushed back once, and now was probably in for another push back.

When will she learn?

Tayleigh was currently being charged with possession of an unregistered firearm. But by time her hearing comes around, who knows what else she might be charged with.

Eventually I got back in bed and Lyric almost immediately cuddled up to me.

It had been hard for Lyric to stay asleep by herself for long periods of times. Poor girl was terrified.

Almost any movement I made while she was asleep, she would awake and question where I was going. Oftentimes she would attempt to go everywhere I went.

I couldn't even shower alone anymore. Lyric sat in the bathroom on her tablet while I showered.

I honestly couldn't imagine what was going on in her little head. Did she understand any of it? Was she gonna be left traumatized for life?

Hell, even I still didn't understand everything that was going on. With little bits and pieces of information, I've been able to gather the general idea of everything that went down.

A very hurt and impulsive Malik pulled up on some third party who he assumes is partly responsible for Pierre's death.

He went with some of his homeboys and I guess they did damage. Which resulted in the shoot out and shit. Tayleigh, knowing I was home decided to slide by and see what was up.