18.

~ that night ~

I looked down at my phone as it rang for the third time. It was Jay and I finally decided to answer it since he was obviously calling about Tayleigh. "Hello." I sighed.

"Yo, is Tay with you? Or do you at least know where she is?" Jay sounded panicked.

"We got into it earlier and I said some things. She left and she hasn't come back. She turned off her location too. Do you happen to have it?" he continued. "Nah...do you have any idea of where she'd go?" I wondered.

"Most of the spots she can't go to either due to pending charges or being kicked out. I checked the playground but she wasn't there." Jay said.

"Okay, well I'll try to contact her. Maybe she'll respond to me." I suggested. "Ight, let me know please." Jay sighed. "Yea, I got you." I said before hanging up.

I then rolled my eyes while looking at Tayleigh, laying on my bedroom floor.

"Tayleigh, I'm not bouta keep lying to your brother. I think you should go home or at least let him know you're alive. He seems really worried about you." I stated.

Tayleigh started snoring loudly but I knew her ass wasn't sleep.

"You're not sleep." I said, tossing a pillow at her. "Tay I think-" I tried to speak but was interrupted by Tayleigh groaning loudly while holding the pillow against her head.

"You're so fucking childish. I'm done tryna talk to you." I sighed, getting up from my bed and leaving the room.

"Baby, come baaack." Tayleigh suddenly whined, being extra. "No bruh." I closed the door behind me.

I then made my way to Lyric's room. I saw her laying down in her pajamas, watching something on her tablet. When she looked up and saw me, she smiled and waved.

"Hey pretty. Did you brush your teeth yet?" I asked, sitting on her bed. "Not yet." Lyric shook her head. "Okay, well let's go brush our teeth." I nodded. "Okay!" Lyric jumped off the bed.

"Lyric, don't do that. I've told you multiple times you could hurt yourself." I sighed.

"And what happened to your hair? I meant to ask you that earlier." I explained. "I don't know." Lyric shrugged, putting socks on.

"Okay, well I have a meeting with your teacher tomorrow. So if there's anything you wanna tell me, tell me now." I told her. "Nope. All good." Lyric nodded, walking out of the room.

Just as I stood up to follow her, she slowly walked back into the room. "I think something's dying in your room." she expressed, concerned.

"Mm, yea. That's what it sounds like..." I rolled my eyes. "Tayleigh shut up!" I then shouted.

Lyric looked up at me, clearly confused. "My bad. It's nothing to be worried about. Go ahead and start brushing your teeth, I'll be in there in a second." I told her, walking her to the bathroom.

I then went back to my bedroom, shutting the door a little. I left a small crack to listen out for Lyric.

"Tayleigh, shut the fuck up!" I got on the floor and started choking her with both my hands. That only made things worse as she started being extra and screaming.