Chapter 8.

Aaliyah's POV:

Aaliyah's POV:

Today was my first day off both jobs so Asia and I headed to the mall to catch up. "Girl life has been lifeing real bad recently," Asia says while looking through the rack of clothes. "What you mean?" I say looking up at her. "I ended things with Shawn fr this time. Can you believe this nigga had the nerve to say I was his baby mama?" She says, looking at me. I laughed hard and loudly. "Bitch what?" I say laughing harder. "Girl, it's not funny. You know I'm team fuck them kids real bad. But no frfr we were being grown and he tried to trap me. I never ran so fast through the Walgreens to get a Plan B" She says walking towards me. "What you think of this?" She says holding up a blue dress. "It's cute. It would look good as hell on you" I say looking at her. "Thanks best. So what's going on with you and Ms. Jacie? Don't think I didn't peep you walking out with her when I was on stage." She says smiling as she checks out. "It's nothing going on. We've just been hanging out as friends" I say blushing. I decided not to tell her about the kiss because it wasn't anything for real to mention. "Mhm." She says taking her card out of the machine and grabbing her bag. "What's going on with you and her brother Miss Ma'am? Since you wanna be in my business," I say smirking as I see her blush turning red. "Look at you red as could be. Spill bestie" I say walking to the car. "He's nice, he took me home after that party at Matrix and we've been texting. But I don't know. You know I'm into street niggas and which he gives that vibe but I just ended things with Shawn. I don't wanna rush nothing. Plus it's summer. We need to be outsideeee." She laughs while "twerking". I laugh at her weird dance.

"You want to get something to eat and talk more about Jacie because I know you lying." She says as we get in her car. She turns on the car and starts pulling up the GPS. "Sure you wanna get seafood or wings?" I say. "Wings is fine, Bdubs it is." She says putting in the address and heading to Buffalo Wild Wings. "You can have the aux," Asia says while pulling in my phone. "Thank you bestie." I scroll through my music and put on 'On My Mama' by Victoria Monet, side-eyeing Asia. Asia looks at me and smiles and starts screaming the words. I laugh and bop my head to the beat.

"I put that on my own mama,

On my hood,

I look fly,

I look good,

You can't touch my bag, wish you could.

I look fly,

I look too good"

I love car rides with Asia. It's never a dull moment. As the first song ends I put on my "Hood shit" Playlist and 'Time Today' by Moneybagg Yo came on. Asia and I begin rapping, well screaming. This song I first heard when I first and last time snuck out to a high school party with Asia. Since then it's been played every time we drive somewhere.

As we pull into the parking lot, The song comes to an end and I grab my bag. "You know we always come here and get the same thing every time.." I say, "5 piece Boneless garlic parmesan with fries, extra ranch." Asia and I say at the same time, making us burst out laughing. The TikTok sound that's like "I don't need this menu, I already know what I want" is us asf. Once we get our drinks we begin talking about her night with Jacie's brother Ant, who I learned real name is Anthony. "He was so sweet but like I said I know that nigga is in the streets. He has to be. Also, we've been texting and he wants to take me out but I said no." I look at her with my mouth open. "Bitch why would you- "because..I wasn't telling the whole truth about how things ended with Shawn." Asia interrupting me. I look at her, "Okay so what happened fr?" I say drinking my lemonade. "He was cheating and I found out because the girl is pregnant. Idk we were together for 2 years since junior year, and I loved him. I don't know, I just don't want to get hurt again plus it's too early for me to be dating anyone again." Asia says, looking at me. I see tears starting to form in her eyes. "Aww, best it's okay. Just tell Ant what's up and I'm sure he'll understand based on what you've told me about him. It's okay and I'm here for you always." I say grabbing her hand and smiling. "I know a friend, thank you." She says, wiping her eyes, and smiling. "Anyways bitch enough sappy shit, talk about Jacie," Asia says smiling hard. I roll my eyes.

"Jacie is cool. I mean I don't know. We kissed last night and- "Girl wait a minute. Reverse. Pause. Yall kissed?" Asia says. "Girl, stop interrupting me. But yes we kissed in her car when she took me home after work. It was nice her lips are soft as fuck." I say remembering how her lips felt on mine. "So do you like her?" She says. "I don't know I haven't been in a real relationship since you know. What if I don't know how to do it and I fuck it up and she hates me?" I say, getting kind of sad thinking about it. "Best listen to me fr. I know your past messed you up but that's all it is, the past. Don't let those things affect what could be good for you now." Asia reassures me. I know I shouldn't think the worst but after 18 years of living with my mother, it's needed often.

After we finish eating and talking about small things we head back to her car. "So what are you going to do?" Asia says while putting on hand sanitizer and passes it to me. "I don't know I think I could like her, I like it when I'm around her but I don't know if she feels the same," I say rubbing in the hand sanitizer. "Best trust me she likes you. If she didn't she wouldn't have been tripping about you at the club AND work, yeah she's on you BAD." She says laughing. "You should just tell her I mean the worst that'll happen is she doesn't feel the same and you make shit awkward. "She says jokingly. I look at her with my mouth open. "Yeah see no," I say. I'm not about to ruin a new potential friendship over something like that. "I'm kidding. Just do it." Asia says scrolling on Instagram. I pull out my phone and go to our text thread.

DaddyJai (Jacie)

Hey, Can we meet sometime tomorrow? We need to talk.

"Is that good?" I say showing Asia my unsent message. "Yep." She says sending it. "I- girl I could've- "Bitch don't even because you weren't gonna send it. Scary ass" Asia says, pulling out of the parking lot.

Daddy Jai (Jacie)

Sure. Everything good?

Yeah 🙂

As I head into my apartment, I strip out my clothes and walk to my dresser gathering my night clothes and head to the shower. I turn on the faucet to the hottest setting and wait for the water to heat. While I wait for the water to heat, I grab my speaker and connect my phone. Shuffling my Shower playlist. 'Lovely by Sonder' comes on. I hop in the shower and sing while washing my body.

Girl, take your own advice

Girl, don't act like you changed

When we both know you can't

I know you love me

Girl, I think you're lovely.

After I shower I check my notification and see Jacie texted back.

Daddy Jai (Jacie)

Okay, I'll pick you up at 6:00 pm. Be ready.

Okay. Goodnight ❤️

AN: I hope this is good.  Hope y'all had a great dayyy.

Comment, Follow for more. Vote.

1372 words.