Chapter 14.

Aaliyah's POV:

Aaliyah's POV:

As I wake up I feel that I am in Jacie's arms. She's lying on her side cuddling me, her grip around me is tight. I tap her to get her to move her arms and she groans rolling over. I get up to go to the bathroom and use the toilet. I grab my face wash and toothpaste and begin my morning routine. First I brush my teeth and then I get my face wash and splash water on my face. I grab the facewash, put some of it on my hand, and rub my hands together, rubbing it onto my face. I reach out the grab my washcloth to rinse off my face and I feel someone behind me. "Hi, baby," I say after wiping my face clean. I look up in the mirror to see Jacie behind me, hugging me from behind, hiding her face in my neck. "Ma. It's early, come back to bed." She says in my neck. Her breath on my neck tickles so I laugh. "Baby it's 9:30 AM, you gotta get up eventually. You want a toothbrush or you packed one?" I hang my washcloth up on the rack beside me. I turn around so I am now facing her. "I got one in my bag. You gon stay in here while I get ready?" I nod my head while I sit down on the toilet seat. Jacie walks out to grab her bag and comes back in. I watch Jacie as she begins brushing her teeth. "You staring hard ma, blink or sum." She says smiling while she continues brushing her teeth. I smile and start feeling hot causing me to look away. She laughs and gets her facewash out of the bag she brought in. "What are yo plans today?" She says rinsing her face off. "Chilling with my girlfriend and sleeping," I say jokingly. "See, get on somewhere 'cause you playing." I laugh at her reaction. I stand up and hug her from behind looking at us in the mirror. "You pretty bareface mama. Don't put no makeup on today." I look away from the mirror causing Jacie to turn and peck my lips. "Okay. Come on let's go eat something.

"You want to hang out with me? I got some things to do and I want you to come." Jacie says as she eats the fruit I cut up for our yogurt. "I stg, stop eating the fruit before we won't have any for the yogurt," I say moving away from her and I hear her suck her teeth. "What do you do for work?" I ask her. She's never mentioned what she does, just that she works for her dad. "Nothing fr, just stuff", she pulls out her phone. "Stuff?" I say handing her a bowl of yogurt and fruit. "Yeah, stuff." "Jacie I work at a club, I saw y'all in the owners section too. I'm not stupid, stop talking to me like I am." I say getting annoyed and pushing my bowl away from me. I'm not even hungry anymore. "Girl stop playing and eat yo damn shit because I'm not feeding you later." I get up put my bowl in the trash and walk to my room. 'She's finna stop thinking I'm stupid like tf is "stuff".' I say to myself as I slam close my door behind me. I grabbed clothes out of my closet, I decided to just wear an essential hoodie and black biker shorts. "Ma. I'm sorry I just don't wanna mess anything up because I'm out in the streets. I just don't want you getting hurt. But I'll tell you whatever you wanna know," Jacie says opening my bedroom door. "Ma," she says again, hugging me. I don't hug her back at first but I start feeling bad. "I was tripping, sorry," I say softly. "Yeah yo, mean ass was but nah fr I just don't want you getting involved in it." She says pulling away out of the hug. "You sell drugs and kill people?" I smiled and laughed at her face when I said that. "Girl you wild asl. And no I don't kill people, drugs sometimes. I'm mostly just in the background doing business deals and help with other things when he asks." I nod my head and head to the bathroom. "You can come in while I shower," I say walking into the bathroom and cutting on the shower. I strip my clothes and get in while Jacie walks in with her hand over her eyes. "You so stupid." I laugh at her almost walking into a wall.

"You gone sit right there and not say nothing ight?" Jacie tells me as we get in the car heading to the 2nd of her drops. "NIgga I know what to do, quit talking to me like a child," I say upset, rolling my eyes. I should have eaten and I know Jacie is going to stand on what she said about not getting me food. "Watch yo mouth talking to me. Fix yo attitude before I do." Jacie says looking over mugging me. I roll my eyes. 'Nobody scared of her empty ass threats' I think in my head. Deep down a bitch is scared as hell because Jacie gives this dominant and scary energy, but I know she wouldn't hurt me fr. Her phone begins to ring causing the music to stop playing since her phone is connected to the car. She answers, "Yo." "Where you at?" the man otp says. His voice is deep as fuck. I laugh causing Jacie to look at me. "I'm pulling up now." "Bet" Jacie hangs up. "Stay in the car and lock the door." She says getting out after she parked in front of what looks like broken down apartments. I locked the doors after she closed hers. I'm not scared. It's just a bad area and I lived in a suburban area that wasn't too far from our definition of the hood area. I pull out my phone and connect it to the car. I shuffle my playlist and "Captian Hook" by Megan Thee Stallion comes on. I turn the volume up to 30. I go to my camera app and record myself singing along. "I'm so indecisive you cant cuff me but I'm wifey, I just want a nigga who gon' slurp me like an icee."

As the song comes to an end I bop my head and see Jacie walking back to the car. "Crooked Smile" by J. Cole comes on as Jacie gets in the car. "This my shit. But turn it down, what you doing in here with the music loud?" Jacie laughs, turning the volume down. "I was jamming but everything good?" I'm trying to be nice because I want to get food, I'm literally starving in this seat, "Yeah, I'm not getting food so you can stop being nice." She says pulling out. I suck my teeth, turning my body towards the door and looking out the window. "Ma seriously though, are you okay with me being in the streets and out here doing this?" I turn to see she's looking at me. "Look at the road and yes Jacie. As long as you're safe and aware of your surroundings, it's not an issue. How you get your money doesn't matter to me because I get mine too." I say. "Can you get me food before I crash this car bro please?" I pleaded with her. "Dramatic ass. I was going to get you food ma. I ain't finna starve you. I was joking." She says laughing, turning into McDonalds. I smile, I love McDonalds. It's the only fast place besides Wendy's that I eat. "HI, Go ahead with your order." A girl says over the speaker thing. "What you want ma?" "10 piece Chicken nuggets with a large fry, and a Hic. Honey Mustard and Sweet and Sour sauce please" I say and Jacie repeats it and orders herself a Chicken sandwich and fries with a Sprite.

Jacie pulls up to the next window paying for our food. "I could have paid for mine." She looks at me like I have three heads. "Okay, never mind," I say rolling my eyes. Next thing I know Jacie has her hand around my neck. I smile looking at her. "Nasty ass. But keep rolling yo eyes at me, see what happens. " She says squeezing tighter before pulling me into a kiss. The kiss was deeper than our usual ones. Not that I'm complaining, She lets me go and pulls the car up to the next window to get out food. "Here's your food," The girl at the window says handing it to Jacie. Jacie then passes it to me and I check the bag. I put it on the floor and grab the drinks. "You're really fine and I was wondering if you wanna hang out sometimes." I look at Jacie who looks at me. "Nah, I'm married." She says looking at the girl. 'As she should,' I thought to myself. "Really? I don't see a ring." The girl says smirking looking at me now. Jacie pulls off laughing, "Eat."Jacie says. "No, that girl pissed me off. Smiling in your face like I'm not right there. Dumb bitch should've beat her ass." I say grabbing my fries and handing Jacie her food. "She was ugly anyway. Looking like Sid (the sloth) from Ice Age" I burst out laughing, almost choking on my fries. Jacie laughs with me while eating her food. As we finish eating, Jacie shuffles her music and drives around before going back to the apartments.

"I don't work tomorrow but I'm going out to get some decorations for the living room. Are you staying the night or going home?" I say putting away the dishes that finished in the dishwasher. "Nah, Ima go home. I got shit to do at the trap tonight so I'll be getting back late or might stay there." Jacie says putting her bag in the living room. "Oh okay," I say sadly. I wanted her to stay the night again. I don't have nightmares when she sleeps with me. "It's okay ma. I'll call you so you can gts otp with me while I'm there." She says walking over to hug me. "Okay," I say, hugging her back. "Ima see you later" She kisses me and I kiss back not wanting her to go. She pulls away and hugs me again. "Don't miss me too much," I say smiling hard. "I won't trust me." She says, making my mouth drop open. She walks out the door and closes it behind her. I walk to the door and lock it as my phone dings. It's a voice message from Jacie, I hit play. "Of course, Ima miss you ma. But I'll see you later." I smile and walk to my bedroom and turn on the TV.

AN: 1828 words.

Hope y'all liked it! Comment + Vote for next chapter.

-syd