Chapter 10.

Aaliyah's POV:

Aaliyah's POV:

As we're in the car heading to the restaurant I see we are passing broken and abandoned buildings and houses. I did not grow up in a bad area but it wasn't the best either. "Don't worry, ain't nothing gon happen to you with me," Jacie speaks to me as I turn to face her. "You grew up here?" I say curiously. She nods her head before turning into a small lot where there's a strip of buildings. We pulled into the corner of the parking lot in front of a restaurant called 'Angie's Soul Food'. Jacie parks the car and gets out on her side and walks around to my side and opens my door. I smile at the gesture and say thank you. As we walk to the restart door I'm greeted with the smell of fried chicken which makes me realize how hungry I am. I grab the door handle and before I can reach it Jacie is pulling my arm away. "Whoever you're with me don't touch doors." She says opening the door. "I- Okay," I say walking into the door. Jacie walks in smiling at the hostess lady. "Well if it isn't Jacie Winters? Long time no see. How are you, sweetie?" The lady greets us causing Jacie to smile bigger. "I'm good Ms. Gene, it's been a minute but you know I can't go far without some of Ms. Angie's food." Jackie's saying while laughing. "That's a good baby and who's this young lady behind you? No need to be shy here." Ms. Gene says looking at me now. I smile and instinctively step a little closer to Jacie. I feel my anxiety starting and behind pulling my fingers. Jacie grabs my hand causing me to look up at her and smile. "This is my girl, Aaliyah," Jacie answers smiling. "Well, that's nice, table for 2? Booth or table?" Ms Gene asks. "Booth" Jacie says following behind her to our seating.

"Are you okay?" I hear Jacie asking me, causing me to look up from the menu. "Yes I'm sorry, I get some anxiety in new environments and with new people. I'll fix it." I say looking back down. "Liyah it's fine. No need to apologize for nothing I understand ma." She says, looking at me. "What are you thinking about getting?" She says putting her menu down making me look back up at her. This whole eye contact when talking to her is getting easier to remember but I still get nervous. "I honestly don't know, everything looks good. I- I'll order for you, trust me?" Jacie interrupts me. I'm glad she did because I was going to order the whole menu. I should've eaten a little before coming here. This is like going to the grocery store on an empty stomach and ending up buying things I don't even need. "Yes, that's fine, I trust you," I say smiling. Jacie looks at me with a smile, "What did you want to talk about?" she says sipping her iced sweet tea.

"I wanted to talk more about what we talked about in your car the other night. About us liking each other and to see if that's something you wanted with me because these last few weeks you've been on my mind when we aren't together and when we are together it's great and it makes me feel good and forget the things I have going on." I say. While talking I couldn't keep eye contact for long so I peered off every once and awhile. "yeah ma. I wasn't playing when I said I wanted to make you mine, trust me. I like everything I've learned about you so far and want to continue learning more about you." She says while grabbing my hand to hold it. I smile, Jacie gives off a tough energy but she's never been like that with me, more dominant but still nice. I know she's not like that with others. "You're right," Jacie says, smiling. "What," I say confused. "You said I know you're not like this with others, I agreed. Ma just you." She says still smiling. "I said that hot loud," I feel my face getting hot. I grab my drink and take a sip. "Haha, it's all good," Jacie says.

As we continued talking we got our food. Jacie ordered us the same thing, 'Angie's Sunday Dinner Special' which is three whole fried chicken wings, and two sides; I got mac and cheese and green beans and she got mac and cheese and mashed potatoes with gravy. "You're going to love this place ma," Jacie says smiling. "I really like you, Jai. Your presence is calming to me and you treat me respectfully. Although those nights at the club and my job you were tripping a little." smiling at her. "I wasn't tripping, I care about yo safety and well-being and ima always be that way, ight" She says, looking at me in a serious tone. I take a bite of my chicken and it's good as hell. I haven't had any soul food in a long time and this is hitting the spot. "Omg, this is so good," I say almost moaning at the taste. Jacie laughs but I don't even pay attention to her as I continue eating the chicken. These whole wings are big as shit I'm full off one and a half of each of my sides. I'm definitely taking my leftovers for tomorrow.

"I'm full as hell, this was good. Thank you, Jacie." I say packing up my leftovers in the to-go container. "No problem baby fr," Jacie says while doing the same thing. Once I'm done and put my box in the bag I notice Jacie staring at something behind me. I turn around and notice an older lady. The older lady begins walking over to us, "fuck what she want" I hear Jacie mumble.

AN: 1007 Words, Let me know if y'all are liking the book are not, have a great day. -

-syd