Chapter 24.

Jacie's POV:

Jacie's POV:

Today is our last day on the trip so we decided to chill on the beach and have a dinner before our flight in the morning. Right now, Aaliyah and the girls are lying on towels tanning while JJ and Ant are throwing around the football they found. I'm sitting here thinking about how to talk to Aaliyah about what she said the other night. After talking to JJ and Ant about it, I realize that I do love her. I love being around her and I don't want anybody to have her the way I do. "What are you thinking about stink?" I'm pulled out of my thoughts to see Aaliyah is sitting beside me. "Can we talk real quick?" I say standing up and holding out my hand to get her up. She grabs it and dusts off the sand from her butt. "Is everything okay? Did I do something? I'm sorry I-" "Mama chill. You ain't do nothing." I say interrupting her and pecking her lips. I walk us towards the water and tap her thighs signaling her to jump and carry her out in the water at waist level. "That night I asked you to be my girlfriend and we had sex, you said something before we went to sleep. You remember?" I say looking into her eyes. She looks away, breaking eye contact and nodding. "Yeah. Jacie you don't have to say anything back. I understand." "Look at me and remember what I said when I asked you to be mine. I got you like nobody else ight? I love you, Aaliyah." I smile at her seeing her smile back at me. She kisses me and pulls back to look at me. "Your lips salty asf." She laughs. "GIrl stfu before I drop yo ass in this water. Fish gone eat you. Keep playing with me" I laugh with her and walk us back onto the beach before putting her down on the towels. "Aye, y'all ready to go? It's hot asf out here." Ant comes over to us. "Yeah, I needa shower," I say grabbing our stuff. "And a nap" Aaliyah adds. "Always somewhere fucking sleep." JJ says laughing, "Bitch fuck you." Aaliyah says flipping him off causing us all to laugh. We all stand up as we gather our things to head back to the house.

As I get out of the bathroom I see Aaliyah scrolling on her phone on the bed. "Baby, can we talk about something? It's been on my mind I just didn't wanna upset you." "Yeah, what's up?" I put my phone on the nightstand and rest my head on the headboard lying down. "When we first came here, they called you Shoota and then when I went out with the girls, Sasha mentioned the name again. I know your past and current work with your dad but what's that name mean?" I sigh and rub my face with my hands. "Nevermind forget I even said-"No mama Ima tell you. Come here." I say pulling her on my lap. "When I first started working in the streets I was dating this girl. Kayla. She wasn't the best girlfriend but I was in love or at least what I thought was love. But one day, she started acting weird with me and wouldn't tell me where she was going or who she was with. So JJ had some of the girls from the trap follow her and they found out she was going to the other side of town to the rival's trap house. We decided to let it play out because her brothers were working over there but we never had an issue with them on that side." I pause before sighing. "Long story short, I was doing a drop off by myself one night late and then I heard a car speed by, and the next thing I know bullets flying everywhere. The plan was for me to "accidentally" slip up and tell Kayla about the drop and see if she was giving them information. I ended up in the hospital bc I got hit and the girls jumped her bad, she was almost unrecognizable and we broke up and we haven't seen each other since." I look up at Aaliyah and see tears in her eyes. "Ma why are you crying" I say laughing "Bae I'm fine. I'm alive and right here with you. Wipe yo face" I smile and kiss her cheek. "Because baby, why would she do that? Y'all took her in and she hurt you." She sniffs. "Ik mama but it's fine she knows not to fuck with us no more and I'm good. That was years ago." I pull her into a hug and rub her butt. "You so fine bae" "Baby see, go somewhere else. Touching on me and shit" She laughs into my neck. "I'm just saying, girl. We got another 3 hours before dinner. What are you tryna do?" I smirk. "You not touching me in my no-no square." I suck my teeth pushing her off me. "Not you mad." She rolls over and laughs. "I ain't mad ma, you just weird. Come cuddle with me." I say pulling her back into my arms. "You so hard on the streets and with the boys but be a baby with me. How does that make sense?" She laughs. "You my peace. Ion gotta be tough with you." I look down at her, seeing her smiling hard. "Hold on, say that shit again." I scrunch up my face seeing her videoing us. "This why I don't tell you shit like that. Get on somewhere." I push her phone away laughing. "So the nickname Shoota means what?" "even before that whole situation I was new in the game and being the only girl that was actively in the streets with JJ and them, it was hard. When I would do drops by myself they would say shit and I was a little hotheaded back then." I smirk thinking about the past. "I had to make a name for myself, you know let mfs know who they're dealing with." I laugh before Aaliyah interrupts, "You've killed people before?" I look at her and see her not scared like I expected. "Yeah.." I say looking away from her. "It's okay baby, they were bad people and I know you were going through things. Plus you aren't like that anymore." She grabs under my chin and pecks my lips. "So Shoota is because you were trigger-happy?" She quietly laughs making me smile. "You not mad? Or scared?" She shakes her head no. "I know you aren't like that anymore my love so it's fine I promise." I hug her tightly. I never expected to find someone who accepted both sides of me. "Thank you for loving all of me," I say releasing the hug. "Of course baby, I know you love all of me, why wouldn't I love all of you?"

A/N: 1167 words.

UPDATED THE ENDING :)

A short chapter today. But I now have the next  5 chapters planned out. I'll be ending this book on Chapter 30. Debating if I want a sequel to continue on Jacie and Aaliyah's story  but y'all let me know. 

Comment + Vote for next update!!!