Chapter 12.

Aaliyah's POV:

Aaliyah's POV:

**TW! Mention of suicide attempt. If you aren't comfortable reading, it is not required to understand the book. I will put where it starts and ends so you pick back up if needed to be skipped.**

After telling Jacie everything about my childhood I didn't feel like talking much anymore. While I escaped that situation it's still been my life for years. I'm surprised I even told her everything like that. Only Asia knows the whole story about my mom and I planned on keeping it that way. The current time is 10:35 PM and we decided to watch movies for the rest of the night. I invited Jacie to spend the night so she's currently at her apartment next door packing some stuff. It's Jacie's turn to pick a movie since we just finished watching 'It 2'. I'm surprised I picked that because I don't care for horror movies. Jacie was laughing the whole time, if that's not a red flag for me to stay away from her then I don't what is, I smile to myself and laugh out loud. I hear my front door open and I jump. "Not you scared," Jacie says walking into my living room with a bag in her hand. "Leave me alone. I don't like scary movies." I say standing up to grab the blanket that fell on the floor. "Ma I told you we coulda changed it but no you kept saying "it's fine it's fine." " Jacie says in a mocking voice to me. "One I don't talk like that, Two it's okay because you're staying the night so the clown will get you not me," I say. "You can put your bag in the bedroom. Can we make cookies?" I say giggling. "You something else Ma but yeah we can, let me put this down and change first. Get the stuff out." Jacie says and walks into my bedroom.

"..and then I was paranoid as hell. I had Mama Q call my mom and ask if I could stay the night so she'd say yes so I could stop tripping. And that's why I don't smoke weed." I finish saying while jumping up on the counter. We decided to make chocolate chip cookies and they are in the oven. Jacie asked me if I ever smoked weed and I was telling her about my first time. "Ma you just ain't smoke that good shit plus being high the first time is all about the environment you're in and people you with. You was at a party with people you ain't know fr and loud ass noises. Of course, you ain't have a good time. We can try together one day if you want, we can hotbox the car and have a snack and chill with music." Jacie says coming to stand in between my legs. I nod my head at the thought of that. I look at Jai and see she's already looking at me. "You so pretty Mama." She says as she rubs her hands on my thighs and the side of my waist. I hate that I don't know how to take compliments from her, the only thing I can do is smile hard and look away. "Thank you" Jacie leans in to kiss me and I lean in to meet her. The kiss was slow and not as rough as our previous ones. This one had some feelings behind it and while we were kissing I heard the oven timer going off. I try to pull away from the kiss but Jai puts her hand under my chin keeping me there. I moan at her actions before hearing the timer again. "Baby," I say before finally getting my face free from hers and her hands. "Get the cookies bc if they burn ima be mad at you," I say laughing. Jacie grumbles and grabs the oven mitts to take the cookies out.