24. More Secrets

Taylor’s POV

After only spending about an hour in jail, they found Niall and took him into custody.

I was immediately released because Niall had pleaded over and over, telling them to let me go and that I hadn’t done anything wrong.

After leaving the jail, I had called my mom to come and pick me up. Surprisingly, she had agreed to take me up to the hospital, where I had spent the night with Harry.

I woke up this morning on the couch across the room when a friendly nurse named Larissa had come in to give Harry his meds.

When she exited the room, harry looked to me. “She was one of my mom’s nurses…”

I didn’t really know how to respond, so I got up off of the couch and approached him.

“How does your leg feel?” I asked, leaning on one of the rails of his bed.

“It hurts. But I’ll be okay.” He replied, smiling.

“I’m really sorry, Harry.” I said, taking one of his hands.

“Will you please stop apologizing? It’s not your fault. And besides, I’d much rather have a hole in my leg than you have a hold in your head and no pulse.” He replied.

I sighed, realizing he was right.

“You’re literally the most amazing person I’ve ever met.” I said, leaning down and kissing his forehead.

“I try.” Harry said sarcastically.

I let out a laugh and rolled my eyes.

“Larissa said I have to stay here for at least a week, which means I’m going to need my beautiful girlfriend to pick up my makeup work from school.” He said, moving his hand to my waist and scooting over in his bed, signaling that he wanted me to sit with him.

I slowly got in, and he put his arm around me.

“I can bring it to you, but you should probably ask Louis to tutor you…” I replied, laughing.

He sighed. “I don’t know if Louis will want to talk to me after last night…” he said, running his hand through his hair.

“Why not?! You two are best friends!” I replied.

“It’s kind of an interesting story, actually…” he started. “Last night, he came in and we were talking… and then… he, uh, he… kissed me.”

I looked to him and realized he was completely shocked by this act.

“And that surprised you…?” I asked.

Harry’s face suddenly went from shocked to confused.

“Yeah, it did. It doesn’t surprise you?” he replied.

“No. I thought Louis was gay the minute you introduced me to him.” I said, remembering that first day Harry had introduced us.

I remembered the look Louis gave Harry as he spoke. I had only seen that look once.

Niall’s friend, Zayn, had a big secret. Only Niall and I knew that Zayn was gay. He gave his friend, Liam, that same look. Zayn was in love with Liam and would do anything for him and I saw that same feeling in Louis towards Harry.

“Did you not ever notice the way he looks at you or take note of all the things he does for you?” I asked.

Harry was looking forward, his eyes fixated on the door.

“I guess I just thought he was being a good friend.” He softly replied. “But you know, not that I think about it, it all makes sense… Well, aside from him calling you a sex god and saying he’d jump at the chance to jump in your pants…”

I choked on my own spit at his words. I knew he didn’t know why his words had affected me, but they had. He didn’t know what had happened between Niall and I, or at least he didn’t know everything.

I hoped and prayed that Harry would quickly change the subject, but Harry could tell his words had had an impact on me.

“Tay… are you okay? I didn’t mean to offend you.” He said.

“It’s not your fault, Harry. I know you didn’t mean to set me off.” I replied.

“Is there something you’re not telling me…?” Harry asked, softly grabbing my hand for comfort.

I knew I wouldn’t be able to hold tears in for much longer, so I either needed to leave the room or confess to him. Harry already knew that Niall abused me, but I hadn’t told him the full truth. This was something I wanted to keep to myself but I knew I needed to talk to someone about it and not let it collect inside of me and cause me to fall off the edge.

“I didn’t tell you everything about Niall…” I started.

Harry’s grip on my hand was suddenly tighter and more comforting.

“He didn’t just hit me… He made me go farther than I wanted to.” I said, hardly able to speak.

I didn’t say much, but Harry already knew what I meant.

“That dick.” Harry whispered. It was all he could say. “That fucker is going to pay. NO ONE should ever have to go through that.”

He now had me cuddled in his arms and tears were falling down my face.

“I made me mistake of giving in. Our first time was romantic and sweet. But then he just took advantage of me… And soon enough he would do anything and everything to get me alone just so he could do things to me that I wasn’t comfortable.” I said through the tears.

“Don’t you dare blame yourself for this.” Harry replied, kissing the top of my head. “You will never ever ever be treated like that again. I won’t let it happen, and Niall’s going to get what he deserves.”