34. Runaway

Harry’s POV

After the game, which we won, I met Taylor by the band hall. As soon as she saw me she ran to me and hugged me tightly.

“Hi, babe.” She said.

“Hi.” I replied, kissing her forehead.

It felt weird to do it in front of her friends, but I liked it.

“My friend Hannah is having a party at her house with a bunch of the players and cheerleaders. Do you wanna go?” Taylor asked, intertwining our fingers as the cheerleaders and band geeks around us had conversations of their own.

“But I’m not a cheerleader or a football player.” I replied.

“That doesn’t matter. If you wanna go, we can go. If you don’t wanna go, we don’t have to. I don’t care either way.” Taylor said.

Suddenly, I had an idea.

“How about we go out somewhere by ourselves? I’m finally off of my crutches and I’d like to take my girlfriend out on a proper date.” I replied.

A smile crossed her face and she nodded her head excitedly. With that, Taylor let go of my hand and went to get her things.

She returned a few moments later with her cheer bag and her jacket on.

“Put your things in your car. We have to walk to where we’re going.” I said, placing my hand on the small of her back and leader her out of the school.

She didn’t ask any questions as to where we were going which made me feel good because she trusted me.

“Should I change into my school clothes, or is my cheer outfit okay?” she asked before throwing her bag into the backseat of the car.

“Your uniform is fine. We’re not walking too far.” I replied.

With that, we started walking.  The place I was taking her to was just up the road. It only took us about 10 minutes to get there.

When we arrived, I looked around and noticed that the place was almost exactly as I left it. I felt around under the door mat for the key.

“What is this place…?” Taylor asked, looking around.

“I found this place after my mom died and I had no where to stay.” I replied, inserting the key into the door of the abandoned old house.

She said nothing more, but instead followed me inside. Even the things on the inside looked the same. It was dusty, but everything was still in it’s same place.

The old, squeaky bed was still unmade in the corner of the room and the old couch was still on the opposite side of the room. These two old pieces of furniture, along with my old guitar that was still set down on the couch, were the only things I had after my mom died.