29. A Song

Taylor’s POV

After school on Friday, I went with Louis over to their house to visit Harry.

It was a bi week in football, so I didn’t have anywhere to be tonight.

When we got into Louis’ car, he started talking.

“Can I talk to you…?” he asked, keeping his eye on the road.

“Yeah, of course.” I replied.

“Has Harry said anything about me? Like, about our friendship?”

“What do you mean, Louis?”

 “Like, did me having feelings for him effect our friendship?”

“No way. When you didn’t visit him in the hospital, he was worried that you thought that it was the end of your friendship. He was worried YOU would try to avoid HIM. He never wanted to not be friends with you.” I said.

Louis sighed and I saw a slight smile come across his face

“Look. He cares about you SO much. And I don’t think anything you do will cause him to not be friends with you.” I added.

“Thank you, Taylor. For everything. You make him the happiest I’ve ever seen him.” He replied, turning onto his street.

“You’re welcome.” I replied.

He said nothing else as he parked his car in the driveway and we got out.

I grabbed my backpack out of the back seat, then followed Louis inside.

I said hello to Louis’ family and then walked upstairs into Harry’s room.

The door was cracked and I could hear the sound of a strumming guitar and the soft buzz of a singing voice.

I quietly entered, hoping not to disturb him.

When I entered, his back was facing me and I listened to him as he sang.

Girl what would you do, would you wanna stay if I were to say?”

Suddenly, I accidently backed up into the wall, causing a loud bumping noise and Harry turned his head.

“Oh. Hey. I didn’t know you were here.” He said, starting to place the guitar over to the side.

“No, don’t mind me. What was that you were singing?” I asked, smiling as I placed my backpack on the ground.

“It’s nothing. How was school?” he asked.

“NOOOOO babe I wanna hear!” I said, scooting up into his bed with him.

Harry laughed a little, then flicked his hair to the side before picking up his guitar again.

“Okay. But you can’t laugh. I’ve never really played or sang for anyone but my mom.” He replied.

“I won’t laugh. I’m sure you’re wonderful.” I replied.

With that, he sighed.

“I wrote this song for you…” he said, then started to play.

“Baby, I, I wanna know what you think When you're alone. Is it me? Yeah. Are you thinking of me? Yeah, oh. We've been friends Now for a while. Wanna know that when you smile. Is it me? Yeah.

Are you thinking of me? Yeah. Oh, oh. Girl, what would you do? Would you wanna stay if I were to say?.. I wanna be last, yeah, baby, let me be your, let me be your last first kiss, I wanna be first, yeah, wanna be the first to take it all the way like this. And if you only knew. I wanna be last, yeah, baby, let me be your last, your last first kiss. Baby, tell me would it change? I'm afraid you'll run away if I tell you what I've wanted to tell you. Yeah... Maybe I Just gotta wait. Maybe this is a mistake. I'm a fool, yeah, baby, I'm just a fool, yeah, oh, oh girl, what would you do? Would you wanna stay? If I were to say? I wanna be last, yeah, baby, let me be your, let me be your last first kiss. I wanna be first, yeah, wanna be the first to take it all the way like this. And if you only knew. I wanna be last, yeah, baby, let me be your last, your last first kiss. Your last first kiss.  Girl, what would you do? Would you wanna stay if I were to say? Your last first kiss! I wanna be last, yeah. Baby, let me be your, let me be your last first kiss. I wanna be first, yeah, wanna be the first to take it all the way like this. And if you only knew. I wanna be last, yeah. Baby, let me be your last, your last first kiss. I wanna be last, yeah, baby, let me be your last, your last first kiss. Ooh I wanna be last, yeah, baby, let me be your last, your last first kiss.”

I could feel my tears welling up in my eyes as he finished up the song. The song was beautiful. His voice was beautiful. The chords were beautiful.

He quickly put the guitar down and looked to me with a smile on his face.

“Do you like it?” he softly asked. I could see the nervousness in his face.

“Like it…?! I LOVE it.” I replied, a smile on my face.

All nervousness left his face and he leaned in, kissing me softly.