Chapter 24

Hello Beautiful People 💗

How are you all?

I'm so Sorry My Gummy Bears 🧸
I know I wasn't updating for a month, but tbh I have been busy since the start of Feb till the 5th and then when I thought I had time now, some unfortunate things happened in my family that were unexpected and shook my family to our very core. But now I'm back.

So, let's begin with our story!!

************************************************

Author's POV.

The place was decorated with yellow and bright Pink curtains, the Flowers with Rajasthani mirror work umbrellas hung around at certain places cushions of the same colour were laid around on the ground for everyone.

As the couple walked in, the crowd started to whisper and The air hung heavy with the scent of marigolds and sandalwood as Aarav and Adwitya sat side-by-side on the dais, their hands outstretched before them. As the ritual told by Stuti Dadi, Aarav dipped the cone in henna paste and drew a small circle on Adwitya's hand and the same was done by Adwitya on Aarav's hand. The Mehndi ceremony began and was in full swing, and the courtyard of Adwitya's ancestral home was abuzz with excited chatter and laughter. Aarav, dressed in a crisp pink chikankari kurta with thread work and churidar, stole a glance at Adwitya, dressed in a bright pink with purple square patches with beautiful patterns weaven with golden thread work lehenga, dupatta styled as a cape with heavy choker set and a mangtika, her face radiant. Her hands, adorned with intricate mehndi designs, were a canvas of swirling paisleys, delicate flowers, and their names intertwined in a love knot.

The sound of dholak (hand drum), played and geets (songs of weddings) sung by elderly women's was heard all around the house, giggles, waves of laughter, and whispers, were also part of the surroundings.

The Mehndi artist, a wizened woman with eyes that held the wisdom of generations, dipped her brush in a cone of henna paste and began her work on Aarav's hands. Each stroke was deliberate, each design a silent prayer for their happiness and prosperity. As the henna traced patterns on his skin, Aarav couldn't help but think back to the day he first saw Adwitya.

Adwitya's hands, meanwhile, were being adorned by her sister, Shikha. Their laughter mingled with the music as Shikha teased Adwitya about the intricate mehndi design that covered Aarav's palm - a replica of the pendant she always wore around her neck. It was a gift from her father a symbol of her Secrets, as she used to believe in her childhood. As she heard this, her eyes wandered towards Aarav who was too focused on the delicate design of the mehendi on his palms, as if, he diverted his eyes for a second, it wouldn't come out beautiful. Shikha was filling Adwitya's fingers with henna paste, her hands were stained to the elbow in the most beautiful bridal mehendi. After his palms were done adorned, it was time for Adwitya's feet to be adorned in henna, her only demand was to add a small circular design in the centre of her feet, and the designs on her feet did turned out pretty well in the end, just the way she wanted.