Chapter 25

Hello Beautiful People💗

Hope you all are amazing.

**************************************************

Author's POV.

The next day in the morning, the air hums with anticipation at the Puja mandap (ceremony area) in the garden, for our couple. The decorations weave a tapestry of blessings and joy.

A raised platform, covered in a pristine white cloth, forms the heart of the Puja. In the centre of the platform, a puja thali, a large, intricately patterned metal plate was placed, holding the murtis (idols) of Ganesha, the remover of obstacles, and Lakshmi, the goddess of prosperity. Fresh flowers, a blend of marigolds (orange) and white mogra (jasmine) are arranged around the murtis, their fragrance filling the air. Two brass diyas (oil lamps) flank the murtis, their flames reflecting in a gleaming brass kalash (pot) filled with water and topped with a bunch of mango leaves. Rising behind the altar is a majestic backdrop, a hand-painted cloth mural. The scene depicts a celestial couple like Parvati and Shiva, symbolizing everlasting love, or a lush garden brimming with blossoming lotuses, representing new beginnings. Fairy lights strung around the edges twinkle like constellations, adding a touch of magic.

Comfortable cushions in rich jewel tones - deep red, emerald green, and sapphire blue - are arranged on a hand-woven rug in front of the altar. These are for the couple, their families, and the priest officiating the puja. A vibrancy of colourful rangolis (floor art patterns) made from rice flour or coloured powders adds a touch to the floor.  The decor features auspicious symbols like swastikas (symbols of well-being) and mangal kalashas (auspicious pots) that are strategically placed and decorated with vibrant threads and mango leaves.

The priest called out for the couples after arranging for the Puja, Aarav walked out of the house in a Daisy White kurta and Pajama set, sleeves folded up to his elbow, reaching the space for puja, he heard Dadi say with a smile, "Aagyi humari beti ji, ghar ki hone wali bahu" only to turn his head and see, Adwitya draped in a blush pink saree, a messy bun of her hairs, wearing the oxidized jewellery he has gifted her in Jaipur, Adwitya, walking out of the house looked at everyone and when finally her eyes landed on Aarav, a hint of shine appeared in her eyes, Aarav was wearing the kurta set she choose for him while they were shopping for their wedding, as her eyes met him, their eyes met for the first time today and Adwitya, being shy averted her gaze from him.

After the puja was done, Prasad was being distributed and everyone started to talk to each other, there in the crowd, an aunt from Mehra's relative, decided to brag about her sons, how her sons are handsome, and earn enough running their own business and how the city's most respected man wants to marry his daughter to her sons, and the brag was going on, everyone decided to ignore her, but that aunt decided to talk about adwitya, everyone whose attention wasn't on the conversation earlier hearing Adwitya's name shifted on her. "Bhabhi, why did you choose adwitya, I mean you could have chosen someone who can match your standards, a girl like her who doesn't know how to do things right, who doesn't have any future of her own, what does she earn being a finance analyst, I would have never raised my child like her, both my sons are diamonds, Aap hi dekho mere maikey me humare ps kisi chiz ki kami nii hai, aur ab mere sasural me bhi, upar se hume do beta hai, aur Ashok bhai ko hi dekhlo  paise me humse kamjor bhi hai aur upar se into beti bhi hai" Adwitya fisted the end of her pallu to control herself from saying anything and closed her eyes, "Beti Bahut Naseeb Se Hoti Hai" (Only the lucky ones have Daughters) Hearing her father say this, Adwitya's eyes welled up with tears, as she has never shared anything with her father, she used to share everything with her mother, but the bond of father and daughter was never there, she respected him and loved him alot, but their was never a moment both of them had shared talking about everything happening around them, she used to think that her father doesn't talk much, and the way Ashok loves his daughter is different from others, he doesn't show it but he loves her too much that she will be soon going to leave this house to go to her own house weakens him. His love for his daughter is hidden but today he broke the walls of that room only to show how much he loves his daughter and he can shut anyone up if it comes to his daughter.