Chapter 20

Before starting the chapter. Mini Request, if you like this book please leave a vote and comment behind and also pen down your reviews. It will not take much of your time but will make me really happy

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kiara leaned back in the chair, studying Jeevanta's expression. The queen's eyes gleamed with a mix of cunning and desperation, a realization that her grandson's choice had put their legacy at risk.

"You can speak your mind, queen. We both are on the same page today," Kiara said with a calm yet assertive tone.

Jeevanta's lips curled into a smirk. "You are too smart for my liking, but nevertheless, I am impressed and cannot deny that. Let's strike a simple deal. I will let you escape, and you can never show your face to us again in this lifetime."

Kiara's eyes narrowed, assessing the offer. "And how are you thinking of doing that?"

Jeevanta leaned forward, her eyes darting around to ensure no prying ears were present. "Ah, girl, just pretend along. On the wedding day, I can help you elope and replace you with someone else. We can arrange for someone and you'll be free to vanish into the shadows."

Kiara considered the proposal, weighing the risks and benefits. Jeevanta, despite being the antagonist in her world, seemed to be offering an unexpected olive branch. "You want me to play along until the wedding and then disappear forever? What guarantee do I have that you'll keep your end of the bargain?" Kiara questioned, her eyes never leaving Jeevanta's face.

Jeevanta chuckled softly. "My dear, in this world of politics and power, trust is a luxury. But consider this – if I betray you, and you expose my deceit, it would not only ruin my reputation but also endanger my grandson's rule. I have enough reasons to ensure your safe departure."

Kiara pondered the proposition, her mind calculating the potential pitfalls. In this intricate dance of deception, she realized that aligning with an unexpected ally might be her best chance to escape the impending doom of her forced marriage.

Kiara squared her shoulders, her gaze unwavering. "I want my tribe to be free. I don't care about myself."

Jeevanta's eyes flashed with irritation. "Don't ask me for more than what I can give, you peasant. I am saving your life, and you should think about that."

The tension in the room thickened, the unspoken understanding between two opposing forces hanging in the air.

Kiara's retort cut through the air like a blade, challenging the queen's proposition with an unyielding resolve. "I am not leaving alone, Queen. Either the whole tribe comes with me, or none at all. I am not selfish like you, ready to abandon my people to the mercy of your cruel grandson."

The queen's eyes narrowed; a silent acknowledgment of the truth embedded in Kiara's words. The tribal girl's strength emanated from a different source—a loyalty and defiance that disrupted the calculated plans of those attempting to control her destiny. The uneasy alliance hung in the balance, and as they treaded the treacherous waters of deceit and survival, both women understood that the true test awaited them on the impending wedding day.

The queen's frustration flared. "Don't push me, girl. You can't dictate terms here."

"Then prepare for the consequences," Kiara shot back, her eyes reflecting a determination that rattled even the queen.

"I was attempting to save you, but it seems gratitude eludes you," Jeevanta retorted, her voice laced with frustration and a hint of disdain.

Kiara, unswayed by Jeevanta's attempt to shift the narrative, retorted with a steady gaze, "I appreciate the gesture, Queen, but I won't trade my people's freedom for personal safety. I am not ungrateful; I am principled." The queen's frustration intensified, realizing that Kiara was not a pawn to be easily manipulated.