chapter 4

The air touched her face as she looked outside the window to catch a glimpse of moon which stood proud and shiny with moist pupils.

"Isn't moon looking so heavenly? Jahnti asked Meera who has been sitting near the window of her room since few hours.

"Yes! It is just like me" Mira replied without removing her focus from the sky and replying back to her maid who happened to be the only person in the whole palace to care about her and the soul friend she had all her life. Jahnti's mother was her mother's royal maid and as a child they used to play together. After her mother passed, she passed her legacy to jahnti who is the soul bread earner of the family of five including one alcoholic father and three siblings.

"How so?" Jahnti asked Mira who glanced back at her and let out a mocking giggle.

"Huh! Sound funny that you are asking it despite of knowing? But that's fine. The moon and I resemble each other because both of us are alone and forever going to be. Although there are many stars in the sky but no one is with him similarly there are so many people around me but no one loves me at all. That royal queen of yours hates me and made my twin similar as hers. The only people who ever loved me is no more in world. I so wish mother would have been alive" with that Mira let out a sob and immediately rubbed the drop of tear away, pressing her lips together tightly so she doesn't cry out harder.

Jahnti looked at her friend and realised that her question was not appropriate to be asked when she already knew all the terms and conditions.

"Don't worry princess. One day a knight in shining armour will arrive to take you along with him and keep you happy without leaving your side" jahnti said to lighten up the atmosphere but no reply came in her way. Meera stayed mum and she felt that leaving her alone would be the best option for now because her words will end up hurting her even more.

She really feels sorry for the girl. As such a kind hearted soul like Mira has to face so much hatred. Jeevanta bai clearly hate her to guts and king has never noticed her as an important one or part of the royal family.

Meera looked down the window and got a glimpse of their mighty king who just entered the door of palace with his horse. His handsome face sparkled in moonlight. He defiantly has got it from their father who was a gorgeous man at his time. Both of them look so alike. Same physique, facial features and raven black hairs to add more beauty to already beautiful face. The only difference is that their father changed after their mother came while Reyansh never did or have no scopes in future too while she is more on her motherly side and got her mother's skin tone and eyes.

Reyansh is more like their grandfather who was also a ruthless king. Although they never met him personally but stories say that he was one hell of a king who was so ruthless that even women of brothels fear to sleep with him. His stories have always inspired her twin to be like him and be more ruthless than he was.

The keen role of him being like this has always been their grandma.

She never felt it important to teach him the basic rules of life and the morals that a human being should be taught.

Even though if she ignores jeevanta bai and her lame lessons, there has always been a difference in Reyansh which used to make him stand out of the ordinary princes.

His anger and animalistic behaviour have always been there even when they were young lads. Beating the kids of his age was one of his favourite games during childhood and that unhealthy smirk of his irritate her to core.

May god bless that unlucky future wife of his or he is never going to marry and keep himself satisfied by fucking whores?

She has no idea about it but one thing is sure that the woman who will come in his life will have the least favour of luck in her stars.