CHAPTER EIGHT

Why stay sane all the time if you can be a idiot once in a while

I could hear voice but couldn't make out the words. It was all far away for me to hear what the person is saying. But then I pulled into the abyss of darkness and everything silent down.

"A.....r.....a......." Someone was calling my name but I didn't know who the someone was. My mind was not working properly as it didn't decipher what was happening around me.

And my whole body felt like it is floating in the air with my eyes still closed. Everything felt peaceful and honestly, I didn't want to leave this phase. My dull brain was also silent for the first time in a while and I was so thankful for that.

And then I let the peaceful breeze do whatever they want to do with me.

A warmth spread on my whole body, I sighed in relief. It felt so good and I sighed in content.

My head throbbed at the sudden light behind my eyelids as I tried to close it tightly. It was hurting my eyes and well, my head too as it was forming well known headache.

Suddenly the light disappeared as my throbbing head also reduced then only I tried to relax.

"I know you can hear me sweetheart. Open your eyes." I furrowed my brows at the voice.

When did I closed it for her to say open my eyes?

A hand placed on my head as the tingling sensation relaxed my brain down to my whole body.

I my automatically opened slowly but it was very painful to open as I felt like I have been slept for ages. But I didn't, right?

I blinked rapidly to try to clear the blur image in front of me.

"Slowly my dear."

And I listened this instruction as I slowly blinked. After a moment, I could see the blurry image turn into actual person.

I smiled seeing her petite body near me. "Grandma." I whispered - coughed. She quickly put the glass of water in front of my mouth. I drank it and then only knew how much I was thirsty.

Then she put the glass on the table besides my bed after I drank the whole water.

She didn't say anything. She was just looking at me and I too at her. It was a staring contest. Her eyes were full of questions and well mine must be full of shrugging.

After she knew, I am not going to tell her anything she said, "Where did you go?"

Then the reality stucked me like a lightening.

Demon

And all the things he wanted me to do.

An island in the middle of ocean.

The pale, red eyes man.

The unique weird leaves tree.

And the dangerous animals.

Candles

Circle

Chanting

Bowl

Knife

Blood

Everything flashed in front of my eyes. Then I quickly opened my right palm and indeed there was scar on it but more like a tattoo.

The line where knife cut it had the wierd designs and patterns and also something written on it just like it did on the bowl and knife.

And then I remembered, my blood kept running into the bowl like a tap water but it didn't overflow the bowl by it's amount as my blood kept running. Leaves falling on the ground, I couldn't move a muscle and then losing my consciousness. End.