CHAPTER TWELVE

To seek something from someone, we must get ready to give whatever he wants in order to get whatever we want.

Because help is not something we get easily, we have to sacrifice something to gain that.

"Here, take this." My head moved towards the voice who had gently placed a glass of water in front of me. It was a old woman, must be in her late fifties but I was not quite sure because werewolves age slower than human. If she looked old then she must be aged more than hundredth year. She was small woman, white hair, pale skin, blue eyes.

After their Alpha went, I didn't know what happened but he just left suddenly without questioning me anything.

I smiled at the old woman but shook my head. "Thank you but I'm fine." I tried to say no very politely.

I am not going to repeat the last mistake over again. I don't know anyone here not I don't know their intentions too. It's better if I keep my guards on all the time. Because whatever I will do, it's me who hurt in the end and I don't want that again.

I am better than this so I told her no. The old woman nodded her still smiling but said nothing. The man who I recovered was a long gone after his Alpha left.

I wanted to go to the home too but seeing the other people still in pain made me refrain from doing such so I started healing people one by one.

People were amazed by my magic and thanked me very generously. They think I am a blessing from moon goddess herself.

I rolled my eyes at the remark but said nothing as I didn't want to upset their mood. So I went along with them.

They didn't try to talk to me, just watched me silently whether I am a threat or not. And how I am healing them. They were curious, I could see that in their eyes and will definitely ask me next time. I didn't mind it. It was nothing actually. They knew I was limping suddenly but didn't question me about that too. It was fine by me because I was not in any condition to reply.

I was relaxed on the outside but inside I was really tired as I don't know where my body ache. I was feeling pain everywhere, even on my face too.

And I really wanted to go to home too as I was beyond tired. I needed some time to relax my body and my mind. A tired sigh left my lips unconsciously when I stood up. I still couldn't walk properly due to healing the first man.

"Let me help you."

Before the person touch my hand, I backed away. I don't need their pity or anything as I don't trust anyone. Even a innocent face can give you immense pain.

"You can't even walk properly." The person said.

"I am fine." I didn't stop to listen anymore words as I continued walk towards my cabin.

While I was walking I heard whispers in the hallway.

"Alpha is angry again."

"I don't understand our Alpha as one time he is cool and collected but other time he is a real devil."

But I ignored their bickering about goddess knows what while continued walk further.

Sweats were dripping down from my face to my body. Sun was not hot but my body was.

"Hey!" I snapped my eyes to my left. It was the wolfie. I smiled a bit because at that time I needed bed.

"Wanna go for a wolf ride?" That put a smile on my face but I didn't wanted to burden him with me.

"Thank you but you must have work."

He shook his head as a no and quickly went behind the trees. And came with a grey wolf. I didn't see before but he was beautiful and furry and also cute. A big teddy bear.

He lowered his body for me to climb and just like before, he took me to my cabin. I slept the whole ride from hospital to cabin, I didn't even know that until the wolfie made a loud sound which startled me thinking danger but I didn't lose my grip on his furs as I tighten my arms around him.

He made a sound again and I unconsciously slapped his head, not too hard but a little bit. He whined as I got up from him. 

"Thank you wolfie again." I whispered and then turned around to climb the stairs to my cabin.

Black dots started dancing in front of my eyes as I gripped the handle of stairs hard. I tried to blink to disappear the black dots.

A sudden hand behind my back made me turned around. "Easy there miss." The wolfie said assuredly.

I didn't say anything while he climbed behind me making sure I didn't fall down. He quickly opened the door before I even open it and motioned me to walk.

Without any complaint, I walked further into the room while his hands were still on my back.

When I laid on my bed, a heavy sigh left my lips from all the activities of the day and lose so much of my energy.

The wolfie was still there. He nodded at me and left but before he take a foot, his eyes suddenly caught something.

He then snapped his eyes to me. I raised my brows at him. "Your necklace."

I then looked down at the ruby and widened my eyes when it was shining in red colour looking more beautiful than before. Something was inside the ruby but didn't know what. My hand unconsciously gripped the ruby and the warmth spread my whole body. I closed my eyes at the new sensation. It was making me relax and shutting down everything around me.

"It's beautiful." He remarked but mumbled under his breath that he didn't see anything like this before.

"Our Alpha has the same ruby necklace but that doesn't shine like yours." He said later.

I opened my eyes at his saying and furrowed my brows. "Your Alpha has it?"

He nodded his head.

Weird.

It is devil's pendant then how come their Alpha has it?

Isn't it supposed to be only one?

Or maybe his Alpha has another pendant looking like mine.

That maybe is true.

"Okay. I will let you rest. Bye."

Before I said bye, he left too.

A sweet sensation was flowing through my body. It's something I haven't feel it before. My eyes were automatically closed on their own record and let the warmth spread throughout my body.