CHAPTER NINE

New start is what we need every once in a while.

But not when we least prepared for.

"The ceremony took a toll on you Ara."

And that's why I fainted.

"I have some books which may contain the information." Grandma said.

She then grasped my attention. "You have to control your mind." I furrowed my eyebrows at her. Why? "That is the reason he manipulated you in the first place." I gulped down.

"I do not know much thing about him but knowing he is the devil, he can hear your thoughts. Not yours but all of us. And he can see your memories too. That is why you are going to learn how to control you mind from him."

He could hear my thoughts this whole time?

That is why when I said that I am human in my mind, he said yes.

Every signs were there, him ignoring my questions of how he knew it already. I didn't pay more attention that time.

My heart rate increased when thinking he might saw my memories from the past too.

Might not, he did see my memories. He was that evil. And that must have made him happy knowing how much I had been gone through.

"And you need to mask your scent too." Why? "It will be needed in future. And I will give you some herbs to relieve you from pain. It lessen it but bearable." When she saw my questioning gaze. Her expression harden. "Do not question me anything Ara. I only want what's best for you. If only you could tell me before, this wouldn't have happened but again we can't change what's written in fate."

I was still staring at my palm after she left me to my thoughts.

The mark? Really?

I am not lying that I didn't like it as I fucking love the tattoo on my palm. It so beautiful and very unique just like the tree in that island.

But what happened when I faint?

There were so many questions running in my mind thinking imaginary things that maybe happened after I faint.

And I was unconscious for more than a month?

Really?

How come I was unconscious is beyond my imagination.

Suddenly a pie was in front of me out of nowhere. I looked around me to see if demon is here but didn't find him. Then how did the pie on my bed out of nowhere?

Maybe grandma put it for me.

Or

Maybe not.

I am actually questioning my sanity at this point because of the things happening around me.

I ignored it but nonetheless took the yummy apple pie and ate it. And goddess, it was so yummy. Whoever made it, bless him really.

In the next few weeks, she taught me how to control our mind and how to mask your scent. It was not that easy as it needed our whole concentration and I got scolded so many times by her for not concentrating enough and my mind always wander everywhere. She is my grandmother but she didn't go easy on me that I can't tell.

In the end, I learned how to keep my thoughts to myself and masking scent after getting yelled by her so many times.

But I just love to get on her nerves and in the end I was wrapped in her arms.

"Grandma, can I ask you a question?" She was massaging my head.

"I can decide if I want to answer or not but you can ask anyway." I groaned at her reply but she just chuckled at me.