Part2

The Foxes react: chapter 1 part 2

"Poor him he looks like he seen a ghost" Dan said with a smile on her face "yea coach must have really scared him" added Matt, coach Waymack looked embarrassed at that.
|
...
|
"I don't know you," Neil said.
"He's from a university," Hernandez said. "He came to see you play tonight."
"Bullshit," Neil said. "No one recruits from Millport. No one knows where it is."
"There's this thing called a map," the stranger said. "You might have heard of it."

"What a good way about making a good first impression to someone" said Abby with sarcasm making some laugh, Waymack grumbled on about something but no one really paid attention.
|
...
|
It took Neil two tries to find his voice. "You can't be serious."
"Very serious, and very out of time," the man said.
He tossed his file onto the bleacher where Neil had been sitting. Neil's name was scrawled across the front in black marker. Neil thought about flipping the folder open, but what was the point? The man this coach had researched so carefully wasn't real and wouldn't exist much longer. In five weeks Neil would graduate and in six he'd be someone else somewhere very far away from here. It didn't matter how much he liked being Neil Josten. He'd stayed here too long as it was.

They were shocked, what did all that mean? Neil did not exist and would have basically disappeared if they had waited any longer, Andrew him self knew that Neil was a big mystery after all these talks on the ruff top but Neil himself has never said much about his past more about himself with the exception of showing him his scars his middle name and parents that were killed by the Miroyamas.
|
...
|
Neil should be used to this by now. He'd spent the last eight years on the run, spinning lie after lie to leave a twisted trail behind him.

It was even more surprising that he had been doing this for eight years making him about 10 years old, Renee had a look of understanding she knew what it like to hide, the upperclassmen had tiny bits of pity on their expression and all that showed Waymack that he was right to sign Neil up.
|
...
|
Twenty-two names stood between him and the truth, and he knew what would happen if anyone finally connected the dots. Signing with a college team meant more than standing still. It meant he'd be stepping into a spotlight.

And there it was Neil never failed to surprise someone more then once, 22 names Neil had changed names 22 times "you guys do realise that from what we just heard there is someone on the Team that we don't know what his actual name is and has lied about everything, I can't be the only one that doesn't like this" said Aaron looking towards his brother "hey we all have past and Neil is no different, he deserves a place here" said Dan "What do you say about this Andrew" asked Aaron his brother thinking that he was going to agree with him "I don't know about you but I know he actual name and it seems like Kevin does too" said Andrew shrugging, everyone's eyes fell on Kevin who did not look back at any of them "so what is it?" asked Nicky "I don't think it's my right to tell" Kevin looked panicked while saying that, everyone turned to look back at Andrew but when they saw that he was ignoring what was going on the shifted back to Kevin "come on you never shut up in practice but now you want to keep to yourself, we are going to find out anyways so why not now?" said Alison and looked back at the screen.
|
...
|
Prison couldn't stop his father for long, and Neil wouldn't survive a rematch with him.

Many eyes narrowed at that, a mixture of worry and seriousness, Andrew's eyebrows were put together in a frown his eyes dark and Kevin looked like he was about to throw up "what does he mean by rematch?" asked Matt not really getting a answer from anyone but the question made Kevin look even paler.