Part52

Foxes react: chapter 5

|
...
|
He motioned at Neil to get his attention but didn't speak until the door was closed behind him.
"Just passed Allison," Matt said.
"Soaked?" Neil guessed.
"Understatement of the year," Matt said. "I think her umbrella broke.
She's a hot mess. Told her I was going to take a picture of her for the yearbook and she threatened to cut my balls off with her fingernails. Five bucks says Dan'll have to push her out the door when it's time to leave again."

As the others laughed Alison looked furious as she smacked him on the arm with got her a cry of pain from Matt.
|
...
|
It took Neil only a moment to realize Andrew hadn't budged. Neil looked back at him, but Andrew was staring out the far window. Neil followed his gaze and watched a plane rocket down the runway.
The others weren't close enough anymore to overhear, so Neil said, "When you said you were afraid of heights, you were joking, right?" He gave Andrew a moment to answer, then tried again. "Andrew, you can't be. What were you doing on the roof?" Andrew didn't answer immediately, but the tilt of his head to one side said he was thinking about it. Neil didn't know if he was searching for words or just figuring out which ones he wanted to give Neil in explanation. Finally Andrew lifted a hand to his own throat and felt for his pulse. He tapped his finger along when he found it. It was going faster than it should. Neil blamed it on Andrew's surroundings.
"Feeling," Andrew said at last.
"Trying to remember fear, or trying to remember how to feel anything at all?" Neil asked, but Andrew didn't answer.
Neil tried a different tactic. "If it makes you feel better, fewer than twenty planes crash every year and it's not always due to the weather. Sometimes pilots are just unreliable. I'm sure it's a quick death either way."

"Wow what comforting words almost better than coach's before game talks" said Nicky with a laugh "damm who would have thought that the monster is actually afraid of heights" said Alison with a huff as she got comfortable on her chair.
|
...
|
"Kevin, just let him go," Neil said. "It's not worth fighting over." "When our defense is sluggish we all suffer," Kevin said.
"You aren't serious," Nicky said. "We've got how many hours until
serve? This will all be out of my system by then. You can watch me take a shit if you don't believe me. I didn't think you were into that kind of thing but—ha," he crowed when Kevin stomped off. He flashed Neil a triumphant grin, oblivious to the way the store clerks were staring at them. "I am a master at persuasion."
"Or self-delusion," Neil said.
Nicky's eyebrows shot up. "Oh my god, did you try to make a joke? Did it hurt a little? No, really," he said when Neil turned as if to leave him.

All except Nicky who had been there had the same reaction as in-screen him "yea I know shocking, I even marked the day on my calendar" said Nicky with what seemed like his proudest voice.
|
...
|
Neil looked at Kevin, then Wymack, wondering why no one had told him Andrew had an eidetic memory, wondering if they'd even known.

This had them shocked again, no one knew till now "what how?" asked Aaron but Andrew didn't answer and looked back with a unimpressed look and one of his eyebrows raised "no wait I mean why didn't you say anything?" he asked again but Andrew shrugged it off saying that "no one asked" but whatever was going to be said next was stopped by the screen continuing.