Part17

Foxes react: chapter 6

After they shock they got from what Neil said past they continued.
|
...
|
"So you speak French."
"Yes," Neil said.
Nicky waited a beat to see if he'd elaborate on his own. "Why French?"
"My mother's family is French." It was a lie that probably had his British mother rolling over in her sandy grave. "She didn't really give me a choice on which language to study at school."

"You know it's sad but then he says something like that and it's like do I laugh or cry?" said said Nicky and it was true for them it was minutes ago that they learned that his mother had died but Neil's comments or more like thoughts are hard to look past.
|
...
|
His skin stung with the memory of his mother's heavy blows. Life on the run meant no time for friends or relationships, but that didn't stop Neil from checking out girls as he grew older. His mother's watchful eye noticed his lingering looks and increasing distraction. Afraid he'd spill their secrets over a childish crush, she beat him like she could kill his hormones with her bare hands. A few years of this violence and Neil finally got the hint: girls were too dangerous to consort with.

Whatever they thought of his mother before was made clear, yea maybe it was dangerous to make friends or relationships but for her to beat him enough so that he stops doing something what would be considered normal his age was just crazy it brought rage to all of them and sadness to now that when Neil meant that he didn't swing it was because she had beaten it out of his head, Andrew was looking at his brother at this since he wanted to see how he would react to this since he was in a similar situation beaten by his mother on multiple occasions even if it was not for the same reason as Neil's mother, Aaron was avoiding the screen not really happy for the fact that he had something similar with Neil and his eyes fell on his brother he glared at him but Andrew ignored it and raised a eyebrow at that Aaron looked away and Andrew shrugged.