Part32

Foxes react: chapter5 part1

The last scene had lightened the room's atmosphere even the slightest bit and the screen continued.
|
...
|
It'd be tricky getting a job when he couldn't give employers his social security number, and every time he moved he needed a new name, a new face, and a new place to live. Costs added up fast.
Disguises were cheap. A new hairstyle, a new color, some contacts, and an accent were usually enough to fool people. Neil used his mother's British accent when he was overseas and his father's American accent when he was in the United States.

"Ok the answers the question to if he is able to talk with a British accent" said Alison "I kind of want to hear him talking with a accent" said Nicky and Andrew shot a glare at him. The glare seemed to got the message through to stop talking about it, Andrew ignored the look Renee send his way refusing to give anything away continuing with his glare at his cousin. It didn't last long before everyone got settled again and they continued.
|
...
|
"Dan asked me to get a list from Katelyn," Aaron said. "Who are these people?" Neil asked.
"They're the single Vixens."
"They're all women," Nicky said. "That doesn't help us." "Nicky," Neil started.
Nicky plucked the list from Neil's fingers and crumpled it. "Your ignorance is endearing, Neil. You're nineteen and you've never looked at Allison's tits? There's no way you're straight. You and I really need to sit down and talk about this sometime."

"You know now that we actually know the truth behind that I do kind of sound like an idiot" said Nicky embarrassed when all eyes were on him "when are you not one" said Aaron. Talking to Neil about his orientation didn't seem to brother him and they knew that not only Nicky said things to Neil so it was just a quick look and then the continued.
|
...
|
"Stop being a bad influence," Kevin told Nicky. "I am going to make him Court. It'll be easier if he remains heterosexual. You know more than any of us how prejudiced people can be. Imagine the impact it would have on his career."
"We aren't really having this conversation," Neil said.
Nicky clapped his hands to either side of Neil's head as if trying to shield Neil from their argument. It didn't really work, as he missed Neil's ears completely. "You worry about Neil's career. I'll worry about his personal happiness. Come on, Kevin. Even you have to admit this is really weird."
Andrew threw his hands up. "Newsflash, Nicky: Neil isn't normal!" "This is beyond abnormal."
"I am standing right here," Neil said, "and I can hear you."
Nicky sighed dramatically and let go. "Fine, fine. Take a cheerleader
if you want to."
"I'm not taking anyone," Neil said. "I don't even want to go to this
thing."

All and were laughing at the scene except Andrew who ignored it, Aaron who didn't care and Kevin who didn't see why it was so funny what he had said he meant it . "I swear to god I should have listened to him and let him stay behind" said a frustrated Wymack witch earned him a pat on the back by Abby.
|
...
|
Nicky still looked a little leery as he stopped at Neil's side. Neil looked at the massive bundle of clothes in his arms, none of which looked appropriate for a banquet. He wasn't going to ask, but Nicky noticed the glance and puffed up with pride.
"I have good taste in clothes, right? If you want to try them on you can, but you don't have to. I know they'll fit."
"Why would I try them on?"
"Oh, because these are yours." Nicky said it like Neil should already know that, then kept going before Neil could react. "Did you know Coach has been waiting for us to fix your wardrobe since, like, June? He threatened to sign us up for a marathon if we didn't do something about it. A freaking marathon, Neil. Guys like me aren't supposed to run that far. Do me a favor and don't argue about it."

"And I still have to figure out why it took ya all so long" said Wymack while sending a look at everyone, no one said anything because there really was not much to get past a scolding but before Wymack could go on he was stopped by the screen.
|
...
|
"There's nothing wrong with the clothes I have."
"Can we go back to the part where I said not to argue? I remember it pretty clearly considering it happened just five seconds ago." Nicky moved the clothes out of Neil's reach when Neil moved as if to take them from him. "Um, no. I'll hang onto this. You're supposed to be finding pants."
Neil silently counted to ten, but it didn't do much against his flaring impatience. "I am not shopping with any of you ever again."
"So you think. Man, I'm starting to see why Andrew left you here," Nicky said. "Good thing he ignored me when I told him to take you along."
"Take me along where?"
"Oh, you know," Nicky said vaguely. "Task at hand, Neil. The longer you stall the longer we're stuck here."