Part14

Foxes react: chapter5 part1

They went on after a pause
|
...
|
Neil was impatient to have the whole team together at last.

"Aw he couldn't wait to meet us" said Matt and the other upperclassmen had smiles on their faces.
|
...
|
Once they were here, Kevin would have an entire team to yell at and would have to leave Neil alone.

"Aww" mimicked Aaron, Nicky was laughing, Andrew had his eyebrows raised, Kevin glared at everyone, the upperclassmen's faces had fallen excluding Renee who was had a amused expression and Wymack was laughing at everyone's reaction with Abby trying to shush him but failing since she too was laughing but tried to hide it "come on I am not that bad" said Kevin huffing and waving his arms around witch made everyone look at him with disbelief but that made everyone start laughing even harder even Andrew might had the corners of his mouth twitching upwards but was quick to hide it "whatever let's you sleep better at night" said Alison waving a dismissive hand at him.
|
...
|
Neil was much better at instigating fights than winning them, but it'd be worth losing if he could just put a fist through Kevin's face once. Starting a fight was too out of character for who he portrayed "Neil" to be, though. As much as Neil hated coming across as a pushover, he didn't have a choice.

"So starting a fight is somehow not something 'Neil' would do but punching Riko somehow is?" Said said Nicky and everyone groaned remembering the day but it was still satisfying to hear and see Riko getting punched "as wrong as it was I wish I could see it happen again" said Matt and he continued "you should have seen it it was awesome" Wymack was glaring at him "no no one is getting to punch Riko again, let's just keep on going".
|
...
|
If he wanted something useful, there was only one obvious choice.
Foreign languages were the keys to freedom he couldn't live without. Neil was fluent in German. He was second-best at French, thanks to eight months in France and ten months in Montreal. His grasp on them was fading with disuse, though he watched and read foreign news online to keep from losing them entirely. He perused the modern languages section, debating. There were five languages available as majors and another three that could be minored in. The smart choice was to go with Spanish. Neil's Spanish had never been good and it was long gone by now, washed out by the German and French that followed. If he could pick it up again, it opened up a world of opportunities in the southern hemisphere.

What Neil was saying or better said what he was thinking was correct the more languages he knew the better it would be for him and they were all impressed Neil knows how to speak so many languages and that made them want to know if he knows anymore or if he had been to any other place while on the run.
|
...
|
She checked her watch. "He'll be here before you know it. Since you've got time to spare, we might as well get your physical over with."
"Physical?"
"Just a general check-up: weight, height, all that good stuff. We have to do it today instead of tomorrow because there's blood work involved. I can't let you on the court until you've slept it off. When's the last time you saw a doctor?"
"A long time ago."
"Don't like doctors?"
"Doctors don't like me. Is it necessary?"
"You're not playing until I sign off on you, so yes," Abby
said, unlocking the medical room door and pushing it open.

"I somehow don't think it would be impossible for Neil to make doctors hate him" said Dan witch was true Neil could have been forced to go to a doctor and still try to convince everyone that he was alright.
|
...
|
She flicked on the light on her way inside, seemingly oblivious to the way Neil hadn't moved. It took her a couple minutes before she came looking for him. "Sometime today, preferably. I've got a lot of you to get through."