Part24

Foxes react: Chapter11

They sat in silence till the screen started up again.
|
...
|
"Well?" Allison asked, startling Neil from his thoughts. "What are you going to do about a date?"
They'd spent most of lunch talking about the Exy kickoff banquet. Every school in the southeast would put in an appearance, including the Ravens. Neil wasn't planning on attending, but he hadn't yet figured out the logistics of skipping it.

"Sometimes I wished I had let him skip" said Wymack with  nostalgia most likely thinking about the trouble that would have been avoided, snickering could be heard all around but was silenced when Wymack lifted his head from where it was resting in his hand and glared around.
|
...
|
"You're running out of time to find a date. Ask Aaron to set you up with a Vixen. I'm sure Katelyn knows a pretty face or two."
The last thing Neil wanted to do was hook up with a cheerleader. He had no fond memories of Millport's high school squad.

"That now just makes me want to now what happened" Alison said her face filled with curiosity and saying she was the only one would be a lie but it looked like nothing was said from Neil or explained so it was left unanswered.
|
...
|
"You guys suck."
"I'd rather be a Fox than a Jackal if you win by hurting your opponents," Neil said. "You're a team of pathetic bullies."
She shoved against him chest-to-chest. "Say that again. I dare you."
Neil wasn't impressed by her attitude. He gave her a bored look and pressed one finger hard against her shoulder. "Get out of my face. You already got carded once. Start another fight and you'll be out the rest of the game."

Whistling was heard from the upperclassmen and Nicky, Wymack looked proud of what Neil said, Abby had a smile, Aaron just looked the other way and Andrew just looked bored. "You tell her" said Matt his arms kicking upwards in  celebration, they waited till it all settled down before continuing.

Aftg reactOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara