Part11

Foxes react: chapter 4 part2

"Aw coach you don't have to be so hard on your self" said Nicky to brighten up the mood it changed nothing but he still tried.
|
...
|
Neil didn't believe him, but he said, "Yes, Coach."
"I'm serious," Wymack said. "Don't you dare be more afraid of me than you are of Andrew."
Neil could have told him it was Wymack's age that made him such a problem, but he didn't think Wymack wanted to hear it. There was no solution to that problem. "Yes, Coach."

It was sad to see Neil like that and it was worse to see that this is how he thought, like he knows there is nothing to be done the way he thought that Wymack would do nothing and that if he said anything it would not be taken seriously.
|
...
|
He didn't care if he blew out his arms again if it meant Kevin would stop riding him like he was an incompetent preschooler.

That line did a good job of lifting even the slightest pressure of the room "I can only imagine what he was put through" said Alison with a sigh and a smirk that was barely noticeable with what happened before still fresh and Kevin answered with a glare "well if had been better it would have not been like that" others raised their eyebrows at that, of course Kevin would say that.
|
...
|
Neil didn't watch them leave. He sat on home bench and stared at the court, listening to the door close behind them. He reached over and picked a ball out of the bucket, turning it over and over in his fingers.
"Court," Neil whispered, then gave himself a violent shake.
He squeezed the ball until his fingers ached, mentally retracing his steps backward. He went to Arizona, then across Nevada to California. He remembered the black sands beach along California's lost coast where his mother finally gave up the fight. He hadn't even realized she'd been injured so badly after running into his father in Seattle.

And of course the shock came back but this was different they knew that his mother was dead but not because of his father, it was bad horrible but it was good to hear that he had ran into his father and was still alive even if he had lost his mother.
|
...
|
She'd bled most of the way through Oregon, but he hadn't thought it was serious. He hadn't known she was bleeding out on the inside, a kidney and her liver ruptured, her intestines bruised beyond repair.
He didn't know when she figured it out, if she'd known by Portland that something was seriously wrong but was too scared to stop or if she hadn't seen her death coming until they crossed the California border and she started losing consciousness.

"Omg I'm about to throw up" said Nicky and he was not the only one Kevin Aaron the upperclassmen and Abby were the same Wymack Renee and Andrew with a dark stare masking what they were feelings but they still had a feeling of sadness present but Andrew was the one that looked the most uninterested one but he was remembering what Neil had said about his mother and father, they were killed by the Moriyamas but now that the truth was out it looks like his father killed his mother so what role did the Moriyamas play in this.
|
...
|
She should have gone to a hospital, but she'd turned them down the treacherous path to the lost coast instead. They stopped six feet from the tide and she made him repeat every promise she'd ever dragged out of him: don't look back, don't slow down, and don't trust anyone. Be anyone but himself, and never be anyone for too long.
By the time Neil understood she was saying goodbye, it was too late.
She died gasping for one more breath, panting with something that might have been words or his name or fear. Neil could still feel her fingernails digging into his arms as she fought not to slip away, and the memory left him shaking all over.

They understood his mother and the promise because after seeing this they didn't know what will happen if his father found him but at the same time what mother would want for her child to be on the run than actually getting help from the police, "what happened then they went there but why would she decide to die than survive?" asked Abby, it was strange for someone to not try and save themselves.
|
...
|
Her abdomen felt like stone when he touched her, swollen and hard. He tried pulling her from her seat only once, but the sound of her dried blood ripping off the vinyl like Velcro killed him.

That got a strong reaction out of everyone even Andrew had his eyes partly widen it was a disturbing explanation that stuck with someone.
|
...
|
He burned the car instead, dumping every emergency case of gasoline they'd bought along the way onto the seats so it'd scorch her down to the bone.

From everything they heard it was the best option but it still hurt them (-Aaron) to see Neil dump the gasoline all over the car, they wonder how he has yet to break down but it was most likely shock that did not allow him to and they continued watching Neil put the car on fire.